Are you getting a flu shot?

It’s that time of year again! Time to roll up our sleeves and get a poke in the arm. :slight_smile: The CDC has new recommendations for people with egg allergies (scroll to the bottom of the page) this year.

I’m planning to get my shot at the VA hospital on Monday. How about you?

Are you kidding? I don’t want no autism.

J/K, I got mine last week.

Yes I’m getting a flu shot, but try to wait a bit later in the year.

Had to pick up a prescription for my husband on Monday, and the flu clinic at Kaiser was right next to the pharmacy, so I got mine then. I get the non-preserved version due to an allergy to the preservative.

Already got mine.

Absolutely. I’m an ER doc. With the number of kids who cough in my face as I’m trying to look at their throat, I’ll take all the protection I can get.

Nope, not in one of the priority groups so I skip it.

I have it on the white board for today.

Got mine.

Not too early, either. The folks at the clinic were saying some area schools are reporting cases (Houston area).

Done and done.

No, never did and never will. I never get sick. Haven’t had a cold in more than ten years. But I did get a yellow fever shot this summer. Ive had about 5 or 6 of those.

Been there, done that.

The flu is nothing to do with a cold and if you live the USA it almost definitely presents a greater risk to your life than yellow fever

Checked off my list. Can never understand why anybody passes it up. The flu SUCKS and everyone is vulnerable. Believing you aren’t going to get the flu is like believing you will never have a broken bone. Uh, you don’t really have a choice in the matter.

I’m getting mine next week, as well as shingles vaccine and pneumonia shot. I think there’s another one, too.

I’m getting mine, but I’ll probably wait until I see my doctor in a couple of weeks.

My doctor didn’t have them in when I went for my physical a few weeks ago. I wanted to get it before I was in a crowded synagogue on Rosh Hashanah. Maybe I’ll get it at one of the Minute Clinics at the pharmacies tomorrow.

I have never had the flu to my knowledge, and I used to skip the shot because I thought I was leaving the shots free for people who needed than more. I have had some bad colds that were bad for the common cold, but did not seem bad enough to be the flu; however someone once pointed out to me that that could be what the flu looks like when I get it, if I have some kind of natural immunity, but I would still be capable of passing it on as a full-blown flu to a vulnerable person. So I started getting the shot every year. Also, if the government is not rationing the shot, I don’t need to be worried about taking a dose away from someone who needs it more.

When I get my physical in November.

Yep. I’ve got two nieces who now both go to school and have no sense of personal space. When they crawl on my I can almost SEE the germs.

I get mine at my local grocery store and even though I have the world’s basic-est insurance, it’s all paid for.

I completely forgot they were offering them for free at work last week. I will get one next week.