Have you gotten a flu vaccination this flu season?

I got my shot today. They won’t let you get the nasal spray if you are over 49. But it was a small needle, barely felt it.

Just curious. For purposes of this poll, a “flu vaccination” is a shot, or nasal spray, or any other delivery method for immunizing against the current seasonal flu viruses.

PTF

I just got one a few days ago after reading dire predictions about this year’s flu season. I went to the CVS Minute Clinic which should change name to CVS Hour & A Half Clinic. Small painless needle.

Yeah, I got my jab a couple of months ago.

We get them free at work. I got mine a couple of months ago.

I got mine back in October.

I have never had a flu vaccination (nor do I get sick much), although I would get one if bird flu or some other deadly strain went out of control.

I got mine back in October, and so did my wife and son.

I got mine in early October due to working in a hospital, but I’d get it regardless due to the benefits of contributing to herd immunity. You are infectious for up to a day before showing influenza symptoms. Also, a few years back when my husband caught influenza, being vaccinated protected me and let me take care of him.

While you’re at it, adults should get a tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis booster every 10 years. Pertussis (whooping cough) can hospitalize or kill infants too young to be vaccinated, and adults don’t get the characteristic “whoop” - the desperate intake of breath between violent coughing spasms as the child struggles to breathe - so you won’t even know you’re carrying it if you do contract it.

We had a little party at work for Bosses’ Day (a week or two late, but hey, there was cake, and it said "Happy Bosses’ Day, so it works for me!) and after a couple of glasses of wine, we started jabbing each other with flu vaccine from the boss’ refrigerator. Nurses are fun to party with.

So, uh, yes, but not through entirely kosher channels. :wink:

Damn, OP and 2nd poster … December seems a bit late in the year for a vaccine, no? (Got mine a few months ago.)

Nah, it’s National Influenza Vaccination Week right now.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. If you’re undecided, I will point out that flu cases are picking up and it’s looking like it’ll be a rough flu season. And the vaccine is a good match this year.

Got mine pretty early. I never used to get them, but I’ve been sick often enough that I figure if I can prevent something bad so easily, I’m doing it.

Yep. I’m pregnant, so it’s extra-recommended. I never got one before I was pregnant with Widget, because I could never be bothered, and I’ve only had the flu once in my life (touch wood) - but now that we’ve got a kid, I figure I’d very seriously rather not have to deal with a little one and the flu all at once, thanks.

I got mine in October and after reading a couple of articles this week, I’m glad I did. I got the flu last year and even though it was a mild case, it was pretty awful.

I also got my shingles vaccination which is a very good thing.

Yep, they’re free at work.

MrPanda and PandaKid have never had a flu shot. I’m thinking of making them both get one this year, though.

Yes, in September. I work in a school. It’s basic self-preservation.

no

I don’t like needles

Do you have asthma like I do? Or an autoimmune disease? If no to both, good news, you don’t need to have the shot. Those who aren’t vulnerable to live weakened vaccines can get the mist instead that goes up your nose.

Me neither, but luckily my boss held my hand (no joke).