Fluid in one's belly button!? [Gross, stupid]

Since yesterday, my navel has been secreting a small quantity of clear fluid. It doesn’t seem to have much of an odor. Also, the skin is a little tender in there. I can’t see anything amiss. I have a rather deep innie, so it’s not possible to see all the way in.

I’m kind of freaked out by this, but it seems too stupid to ask a doctor about. Right now I’m thinking either a pimple or cancer. :smack:

Anybody else ever have this?

Belly button juice. It’s rich in protein.

Are you at least one month old?

Maybe something got lodged in there, and is causing “condensation”? Either that, or your sinuses have dropped.:wink:

Go see a doctor; it sounds like you’ve got some kind of infection.

Happened to a sibling. She tried over-the-counter fungal infection remedies, but what finally worked was cleaning it out with rubbing alcohol for a few days.

This won’t ease your anxiety: I had a friend in college that got cellulitis in his belly button, cause unknown. It seemed like minor nothingness until one night he spiked a fever of 104-105 and his roommates took him to the ER.

Don’t be embarrassed to go to the doctor and get it checked. I’ve gone to the doctor twice in my life with complaints of “this is sore and leaking fluid” and both times it was an infection that needed antibiotics.