Food-Beer pairing event!!

Attending a beer-food pairing tonight at my favorite bar, House of 1000 Beers. The beers are all from Green Flash Brewery, including a cask beer!

Here is the menu:

Can’t wait! The last pairing they did was awesome. They go out of their way to limit seating so it is a nice comfortable crowd where most of us know each other.

Yeah!!!

Damn, are you getting a full serving of each of those?

Either way, I’m envious. It looks mighty satisfying, I hope it is.

The last pairing I attended I was stuffed and tipsy at the end. Since the brewery is cosponsoring the event, the beer will flow freely. :cool:

I helped “tap”(?) the cask yesterday and got a taste. It was amazing!

The chef is a local guy who is remodeling/reopening the old Kleiner Deutschmann Restaurant in Springdale. It was once a German restaurant owned by a great gay couple who wore lederhosen to work. Guy I know has remodeled the building and will be opening on Mother’s Day.

Looks like a great menu and interesting pairings. I would have swapped the beers for the 2nd and 3rd courses, perhaps.

I actually got to plan one of these when I worked at a brewery, it was pretty great. The caterer gave me a completely clean slate and said he would make anything I wanted for each course.

It was horribly intimidating at first, but then I just sat down with a bottle of each of the beers and thought “If I could eat anything in the world with this beer, what would it be?” and it all came together.

It was amazing!! The chef created each course while sipping the beer. The food was so pretty it was almost a shame to eat it. A rep from Green Flash Brewery was in attendance ans spoke between courses. We hung out with him for an hour afterwards, both to talk and to sober up a bit.

Sounds awesome!