For Christ's Sake: It's Spelled BARACK. BARACK, with a C!

Black Irish, no doubt!

Barack was a dude who hung out with Michelle, and went forth and smote McCain and the McCainites (note presence of letter C in all names)

Barak was a dude who hung out with Deborah, and went forth and smote Sisera and the Canaanites (see Judges 4-5 in the Bible; note absence of letter “C” from all names)

Gesundheit!

Seeing as she’s been financially supported pretty much all of her life (which is not unusual given the era she grew up in) I’d say yeah, it’s not a bad gig. :smiley:

What bugged me more during the campaign the media would pronounce both names as one word. Barackobama.

I always heard it as “Baracko Bama”. Silly ears.

ETA: spelling

Or in the original old Irish, Báhraic Ó Bamaigh

:confused:

Well that’s what happens when the stress is on the second syllable. Perhaps you’d prefer OH-b’ma.

I’ll be honest here. I thought it was “Barrack”. Neither way looks right to me though.

No etymological connection between the two names, BTW. “Barack” has its roots in “Baruch,” not “Barak.”

Aha! According to that site, the name has the same derivation as Buraq, Muhammad’s magical flying ass.
That is to say, Mohammed’s ass.

Or Mahomet’s ass.

http://gifts.cafepress.com/item/property-of-barak-teddy-bear/86753150

“Barak” Teddy Bear…unbefuckinglievable!

What? I don’t get it. There are people who name their kids “Barak,” after all. Why shouldn’t those kids deserve teddy bears too? Especially since the poor bastards are now doomed to have their own names misspelled for the rest of their miserable lives, thanks to stinkin’ Barack Obama. For pity’s sake, let them have the bear at least.

See, you can order many different names on that bear! Or indeed, on a variety of products through the magic of CafePress. Personally I like the generic examples. Especially the one that reads “I Have a (Heart)-On For Someone.” That’s nice and disturbingly vague isn’t it?

Unfortunately it seems that the selection is not totally customizable, so you can not order “I Have a (Heart)-On For Mohammed’s Ass.”

I have no explanation for that one other choice, “Someone’s Nemesis,” which clearly appears to be printed as “Someone’s Nemsis.” So perhaps my argument is fallacious after all, and they really were trying to spell “Barack” to begin with.

Mahmoud’s Ass.

Barack O’bama is Irish…and should be proud of the O’

In about 7 years it will be one of the commonest names in first grade and fewer people will misspell it. Be patient.

In the meantime don’t get huffy. People with silly names deserve to have them misspelled.

Or, more likely, in about 7 years the names “Barack” and “Barak” along with a couple of other misspellings nobody here has thought of will be the commonest names in first grade, and everyone will be misspelling everybody else’s version.

See also: Britney, Brittany, Brytney, Brittney, Britany, Bryttnie, Britteney, Brryttainyy…

Barack Obama is a Japanese –Arab Muslim posing as an Irishman. He consistently snubs the potato and gravitates to the tabbouleh, hummus, and sushi.

They can’t spell ‘Steve’?

<breaks into song>With a capital T, that rhymes with P, which stands for pool!</song>

Now he’s Swedish???

:confused: Where in the thread was that post by Andrew Jackson Hates You? I click the link and get “You Are Not Authorized To View This Page.”

Brainglutton, you have not received administrative clearance to directly view the teachings of Andrew Jackson Hates You.

If you wish, you can send away for a complimentary brochure which explains how you too can experience the life-affirming philosophy of Andrew Jackson Hates You.

Why does Andrew Jackson Hate You? Page 23.

Why do I feel anger without knowing why? Page 42.

How can I reach my fullest human potential? Page 89.
Don’t delay! Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:

Hate me, Andrew Jackson!

c/o The Chicago Reader

Pueblo, Colorado 81003