For Christ's Sake: It's Spelled BARACK. BARACK, with a C!

But he’s had to keep it a secret because he knows an Irishman could never get elected POTUS (we’re still grieving and swapping conspiracy theories over what happened to the last one, too many bad memories). (And yeah, I know – but nobody noticed “Reagan” is an Irish name until he made a state visit to the Auld Sod*.)

*And the Auld Sod was just delighted to see him!

He’s an Irish terrorist? I knew it!

:smiley:

Maybe she was confused by the St. Patrick’s Day “rebranding” of the Obama logo?

What? I thought he was Japanese.

Chillax, Trocisp. We know you meant to say ‘is’ is spelled T-i-m-m-y O-b-a-m-a.

::hitches up pants::

Actually, I think you’ll find it’s Barry O’Bama.

Remember the Cecil column where someone came up with the theory that our Presidents’ first names go common–uncommon–common–uncommon?

Except for the recent George–Bill–George exception (maybe the middle name should have been “Hilary”), the theory is still correct. “Bill” might defeat George, but “John” didn’t have a chance next to “Barack.”

All kinds of theories are correct when you start making exceptions.

Actually, he follows Buddah. Or Ghandi. Can’t remember which.

After he was elected my grandmother, who still harbors some racial sentiments said something to the effect of “I don’t know anything about him!” with an obvious negative undertone.

My grandfather, who does not harbor the same sentiments called her on this, “How much do you know about George Bush?”. She said “Well, I know he is the son of another president.” That’s all she could come up with.

This is on par with people who can’t even properly spell their own name.

For example, you don’t use a capital letter in the middle of a name that is only one word.

Sheesh !

I just imagine they’re referring to that guy from Mortal Kombat. It makes whatever they’re saying amusing and interesting.

Is that what they mean when they say “Black Irish”?

I see what you did there.

I just don’t see how difficult this could be.

Baroque Obama. Two words. I mean, really, people. He was TIME’s Man of the Year.

I thought he was elected president.

Do you have to just write his first name in all capitals or both names?

Yeah, he’s working two jobs. It’s hard to pay the bills on a president’s paycheck.

Does being your grandmother pay well? I’ve been looking to pick up a bit of extra cash.

I think he should just shorten it down to Brock.

First name’s in all caps. Few people know it’s really an acronym.

B.A.R.A.C.K.: Biomechanical Artificial Replicant Assembled for Ceaseless Killing