For guys...recharge after sex.

I certainly don’t. You fall well within the normal range. And yes, IAAMD.

For me, it varies, from 20 minutes to about a week. Depending on circumstances.

Lately, circumstances have been good to me, fortunately.

Sure. And some/most of them may be telling the truth. But I think you will likely find that in any discussion about sex, either a) people will exaggerate about how often they have it/how big their dick is/how easy it is for them to have a full-fledged erection, and/or b) the people answering the question have already self selected; people who are ‘proud’ of their manliness are going to be (more) eager to discuss it frankly, while those who feel inadequate are less likely to speak up.

Already in this thread, you’ve been told that you must have a medical condition and should consult a doctor, and Leaffan also assumes that there must be something medically wrong with himself, as though wanting sex every day is some sort of biological imperative for a human.

No, I actually have a cite for my claims (more specifically, that ‘normal’ for having sex seems to be somewhere from ‘a few times a month’ to ‘two or three times a week’). But apparently you found some snark up your own ass. Kindly stuff it back up there.

I don’t find that hard to believe. Seems to be true of more guys than not. But I’m not impressed with it. I only want what I can’t have, so, well, I hate to sound sleazy but tease me I don’t want it if it’s that easy.

Thanks Eonwe, I appreciate your sincerity and your cites, but in fairness, the average number of times people have sex doesn’t really correspond with my OP. I’m talking about a romantic weekend with the wife where it is implicit that there will be a whole lot of lovin’ going on.

In that situation, you wouldn’t look at averages, but recovery time. I agree with your assessment that a poster who walks around all day with an erection that can’t be stifled would likely respond in earnest to this thread. But I have been in relationships where the other person feels that I am not sexually attracted to her because the last partner was like one of these other posters. And some of them have been beautiful.

I’m saying that after ejaculation, pick your favorite female movie star or sex goddess, and I would still be there wanting to talk to her about Obama’s jobs bill until a great deal of time later.

Fair enough. Though, I think it would be a reasonable (though possibly not accurate) assumption that those statistics indicate that desire to have sex, including physical readiness, is maybe not always immediate and enduring in the short (24hr) term.
And, to answer your original question without getting too detailed about myself, I am closer to your end of the spectrum than most of the others in this thread. In general, give me a night to sleep it off, or at least a few hours. That is not always true, but it is most of the time.

My record was 8 times in one night. But that was in my mid 20s. Now it is rare if it’s more than once a night. I would say recharge is at least 1 hour by which time I would normally be asleep. I would prefer once a day. If that makes me abnormal so be it. But I am half Italian :wink:

Seconded. BTW, On topic, “Mr. Happy” doesn’t get “happy”, so we’d spoon.

I can and do masturbate many times in a single day, sometimes several times in the span of an hour or two. <_<

As far as sex with another person though… can’t say I’ve ever done more than one round.

Well, you don’t actually blow on it. That’s just an expression.

Actually…

30 minutes to a few hours, seems to depends on stress levels and how much sex we’ve had in the previous couple of days.

(my emphasis)

I’m having some trouble finding the italicized part in your link - could you point me to it?

Also how is this substantiated by a chart showing average frequency of sex? Your link doesn’t say anything about the ability to get an erection.

It all depends. Sometimes I’m down for a few hours, sometimes I’m ready to keep going immediately. I’m 36. A few months ago, I was ready to go three times in about 2 hours.

At 64 I have slowed down but on occassion the girlfriend and I still have our crazy weekends. I will often tire out before I can reach my second orgasm but this seems to allow me to have multiple encounters throughout the weeknd. I require a lot more stimulation to keep it up than I did 20 years ago for sure. One wrong move or word and we are done for the night.

Totally depends on the situation. How soon is it possible and how soon am I interested aren’t always one and the same (hint, hint). :eek: But when I’m really into it, 20 minutes maybe.

If i manage to stay awake i can usually go again in about 10 mins… if.

I couldn’t really tell you. There are too many factors that play into it.

Should your SO agree to a research program, the main facilities in Atlanta are Trapeze, Cub Venus, and Little Wings. :smiley:

Perhaps best researched at home and not work…:wink:

If you find yourself in a more suburban area of the country instead of Atlanta or Tampa, there are many private research labs that open on the weekends, but are generally limited to invitees. You look hard enough, you’ll figure out how to wrangle an invite!

Although I’m limited to a single partner these days, I recall from my wild youth that recovery time largely depended on the desirability of the partner. There were some really hot mamas with whom I was rarin’ to go again with all night long.

You got me . . . that part is, in fact, not a scientific conclusion, but my own humble opinion. However, if you take out the adjectives, the point, which I assume was obvious, is that one extreme of male virility is portrayed as the only acceptable ‘normal’ in public discourse, due to selective participation in said discourse, as well as unintentional and intentional exaggeration of sexual behaviors and physiology.

And yes, the cite was not about the ability to get an erection (at least not directly), but was meant to address part of the OP’s concerns about having a challenging time in relationships with regards to not being 'up and at ‘em’ at a moment’s notice.

The OP has had a few suggestions that he has a medical condition and should see a doctor, there have been a number of jokes/comments indicating that any guy who’s a real guy can get it up whenever, some have shown amazement that there is any man out there who can’t just perform, and the OP himself has questioned his own ‘manhood’.

There is a wide variety in human normalcy, and sharing one’s personal experience is great, but there are a number of posts that are thick with judgment.
And, if you want to talk cites, I’d like to ask for a cite that suggests that taking a few hours to ‘recover’ after an erection is far from normal, and is something that requires medical intervention to ‘fix’.