For Sue In El Paso

Fine here.

Sue from El Paso
members.aol.com/majormd/index.html

I still think Nickrz owes Sue as public an apology as he made a slam.

-Melin

A little late,but I never knew Sue was a major in the Army. So, do they call you Dr. Major Sue or Major Doctor Sue?

Mostly Dr. X.
Occasionally MAJ X.

My mom is still frustrated not to be able to find in her etiquette guide how to address a letter to my husband & me. (We’ve been married 21 years & she still worries over this - aren’t moms special?)

Interestingly, while traveling in the UK, I quickly learned that Major scored better perks than Doctor, quite the opposite from the US. A trip to Boston was surreal, though. Every person in the hotel from the bellhop to the concierge made sure to use the honorific “Doctor” if they knew it applied. I’m quite used to being Mrs. X when I worked with Girl Scouts & Rick’s mom at a middle school band concert.

Sue from El Paso
members.aol.com/majormd/index.html

Mr. & Dr.?

Mr. & Major?

Yikes! Remind me never to send you a formal invitation, that way I can just yell “Hey Dale and Sue!” :wink:

Wonder if Nickrz is ever gonna publish that apology . . . .

-Melin

Majormd said:

If she ever finds out, please let me know. I have a female friend who recently finished med school, and I haven’t figured out how to address her and her husband yet. So far, we just use first names. :slight_smile: But I guess Mr. & Dr. would be the next best thing. (I keep telling her husband he should go back to grad school and get a PhD to make things easier.)

Where’s Miss Manners when you need her?

Y’know, I was thinking about my earlier post, and David’s follow up, and wondering why it is that we assume that the “Mr.” has to go first. Oh, I know, that’s the way it’s always done, and all that good stuff. Still, if we think that “Mr. & Dr.” sounds weird, or “Mr. & Major,” then maybe we ought to play with “Dr. & Mr.” or “Major & Mr.”

I bet Sue’s mom wouldn’t agree with this! :wink:

Still waiting on that public apology from Nickrz – I think it’s long overdue.

-Melin

Phenomenal woman
 Bitch Corporate Lawyer
 That's me

So Nickrz, you ever gonna do the right thing and apologize?

Just bringing this thread back up to the top, hoping that eventually Nickrz will see it and do the right thing.

-Melin

::sigh:: Such a little effort, to apologize. Jill did it, and hers was probably the most innocuous of the moderator posts; David at least acknowledged the issue, but no word from Nickrz.

-Melin

I have to agree that Nickrz was out of line. I like to go to the doctor (or to any professional) armed with knowledge. I think that if you know a doctor online, asking questions and getting information is a very positive thing! No one is suggesting that the OP not deal with their own doctor, or that Majormd try to treat/diagnose etc, it is simply an issue of gathering information and knowledge. Nickrz was highly insulting with his comments.

>^,^< <A HREF="http://www.opalcat.com
–“Cluemobile?” TARGET=_blank>www.opalcat.com
–“Cluemobile?</A> You’ve got a pickup…”
Teem with the Millions: www.fathom.org/teemingmillions

Anybody out there paying attention? When you make an unwarranted attack on a professional person’s professional ethics, you cannot expect it to go by without someone noticing it and calling you on it.

Nickrz, prove that you have some sense of decency, fairness, and just plain the balls to do the right thing.

-Melin

“I’ll never argue with a lawyer again.” – The Devil Himself.

I hope you’re not holding your breath, Melin.

Snowballs in hell, and all that…

~ Complacency is far more dangerous than outrage ~

I’m certainly paying attention to this topic. I gave Nickrz a taste of his own medicine (no pun intended) in his thread about itching. Majormd was pleased.

Please, Nickrz, do the right thing. Just admit you made a mistake, were overemotional, in a bad mood, whatever. Something.

I to, have been paying attention to this thread, and congradulate Melin for her efforts to keep it going. Nick if you still think your actions were appropriate at least defend them, this is just plain chickenshit,
Larry

You were wrong, Nickrz. It wouldn’t kill you to say so.

This space for rent.

Wally,
You know how Nick feels about taking medical advice over the message board. If Nick’s doctor tells him it will kill him, thats life. Or, umm, death.

pat

Ummm, just my turn to bring it up top.

The board moderators and I had a discussion about this a while back. The gist of it was that: (1) there was no need for three moderators to pile on with comments when one could have handled the situation perfectly well, and (2) board moderators should express their comments in moderate terms. There had been some concern immediately prior to this that we would be on the hook legally for medical advice posted on the SDMB and this led to a certain overzealousness. I regret that Majormd felt ganged up on and don’t expect this sort of thing to happen again.

You’re not getting it, Ed. It’s not just a question of the board moderators “ganging up” on Sue; that got explained early on, both by Jill and David stating their concerns and by off-board communications.

What’s left here is for Bruce himself to admit that he was out of line in what he said and the way that he said it. I know that he is capable of typing the words

since he did it here: http://www.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/003389.html .

And the words “I’m sorry for what I said” don’t really require much in the way of typing skills or keystrokes. They do require something in the way of balls, though. Bruce is hiding behind your apron strings, apparently, and for that matter we don’t see much in the way of an apology from you, either. “Certain overzealousness” does not begin to describe the offending post; “slur,” “false innuendo,” “ignorant,” and “bordering on defamatory” do a lot better.

Unca Cecil may have a reputation for the sarcastic, but not for this sort of garbage.

-Melin

“I’ll never argue with a lawyer again.” – The Devil Himself.