For the Ladies: Hair and Makeup

Makeup, Hair, Clothes

I have long hair and I don’t much want a damp spot going down my sweater or blouse if my soggy hair is hanging on it as I’m trying to dry it or put on makeup and I don’t want to drop any makeup on my clothing.

I usually brush my hair back, put some conditioning product in (for when I flat iron), pull it back off my face. Then I go get dressed, come back and do my makeup and hair.

Hair products go in while hair is wet then makeup then clothes then hair let down and finished.

Clothes, hair, makeup. Makeup is optional - it goes last. Hair drip dries - I’d have to wait too long to get dressed if I waited for it to dry.

Clothes first, unless it is a special occasion and I really don’t want to mess up my clothes.

:smack: Tell me about it, and boobs being the most protruding part, they get the white splotch right on them. Every day I say I’ll brush before my shower but then I lose track.

Clothes first, then hair and makeup. My back is prone to breakouts, so running a styling product through my hair and allowing too much of it to get on my skin exacerbates any skin problems I might be having. The hair product has very little effect on my clothes, other than making them smell a bit like my styling product, so I’d prefer that over back zits.

Also, I like to let my moisturizer soak into the skin on my face before I put any makeup on. It’s hard to slap on the shellack with a damp face.

I like to let mine soak in too. I put my moisturizer on as soon as I get out of the shower. Before I brush my teeth, put on deodorant, put product in my (wet) hair, or anything else. I let it settle in while I do those things, then I get to whoring myself up good. :wink:

Teeth brushing comes before anything else. If I’m going to straighten my hair or do anything really involved, I do that before putting clothes or makeup on since I’ll probably get all sweaty and gross while contorting myself. If not, I’ll put my clothes on and pull my hair up, then apply makeup and finish styling my hair.

1. Pee and brush teeth.
  2. Put on kettle.
  3. Shower.
  4. Make tea, turn on radio.
  5. Comb hair out, apply antiperspirant (pits) and Oil of Olay daily use moisturizer with UV something or other (face).
  6. Drink tea and read Dope. (Okay, smoke cigarette, drink tea, then come in and look at morning websites: local news, favored cartoon, etc.)
  7. Drink more tea, eat breakfast, check email, listen to radio. Maybe step outside for one more half-cigarette.
  8. Check hair. See how it’s drying. Comb it again. Put hairspray on in lieu of actual styling products. Hair will dry sort of how I want it.
  9. Do makeup. In bathrobe or nightie. Loose powder here, too. Plus the best applicator for eyeshadow that I have is my fingertip. Wipe fingertip on very old maroon bathrobe.
  10. Dress.
  11. Final comb through of hair, put up or tie back.
  12. Brush teeth. Try not to dribble on breasts.
  13. Gather keys, lunch, phone, crap, purse, totebag, and go.

I only do my makeup, uh, about once a year. Tops. It’s special-occasions-only stuff.

That means special clothes, so I do the makeup in my underwear. That keeps the skirt or dress from getting wrinkled if I sit down and the top safe from streaks.

I always do my hair dressed, but then, my “do hair” is a matter of maybe brushing it and of fluffing it up with my fingers, special occasion or not. Even my hairdresser has accepted that I Will Not Wear creams, gels, sprays or anything like that.

Mom does her makeup with her blouse off if it will involve more than lipstick (see “streaks”).

I only wear more make-up than a little mascara on very rare occasions, but due to being in theater back in the day, when I have to do full make-up and hair, I’ll get the undergarments on, put on a robe, do make-up and hair, then finally put on the outer clothing.

Dressed, then hair, then makeup. Dressed first, because I don’t like to be cold, plus I don’t want makeup on my clothes (I don’t spill it, but I might get foundation on my shirt.) Hair next, while it’s still damp. If it gets to dry, I have to dampen it again to style it. Then makeup last.

This is me, exactly. Ok, minus the hot wing. :slight_smile:

It looks like a lot of us “clothes last” ladies use loose powder. I wonder if that’s the tie that binds, so to speak?

Makeup for day-to-day purposes - clothes first, then makeup.

However, when I used to dance professionally - makeup first, then blouse.

Yep. I use mineral makeup and I prefer to apply it before I put on clothes as it gets everywhere. Putting on clothes is the last thing I do before I leave the house. I don’t ‘do’ my hair, other than combing it and very rarely blow-drying it. This also gets done before I get dressed.

I also brush teeth dead last (but before getting dressed). I drink coffee/eat in the AM and it doesn’t make sense to do it before I do these things.

No, I only use liquid foundation, but like someone else mentioned, I have to lean over the sink to put my face on and that can get my shirt wet so I usually wait to get dressed until I am done.

Ditto.

I am a TV personality too, apparently. I get fully dressed only after everything else is done. I go in the bathroom and stay until I’m finished with shower, hair, makeup, potty needs. Then I emerge to dress.

I’m not sure why this is so; I’m not overly concerned with spilling any makeup. It just seems the right order to me, the clothes being the “topmost layer” when it comes to presenting one’s self to the world.

No wait: I lied. I brush my teeth absolutely lastest, because the whole time I’m drinking coffee, which tastes horrific mixed with toothpaste. So when I’m finally done with coffee, I brush, then I’m ready to go.