For the love of Chicken Little ...

Would someone anyone, please, PLEASE formulate a chicken casserole recipe that does NOT contain cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, or both? Or cream of fucking anything? Bleah, bleah, and blargh. Howza about we go out on a limb, people, and try using real cream, or sour cream or something - ANYTHING - else?

Oh, and egg noodles? Bite me. You put those in a casserole and they become the consistency of wet toilet paper by the time the thing is done. It’s pasta or nothing, folks.

Yes, Allrecipes.com, I’m looking at you … is Campbell’s buying you off? And Southern Living, you should be ashamed of yourself. You should know better. And Epicurious.com, you can get down off your high horse and start adding some casserole recipes to your listings. It wouldn’t kill you, and I certainly wouldn’t think any less of you. It’s pathetic that the last 3 good recipes I got were from Family Circle, of all places. Get your collective acts together.

(Yes, I know, stupid rant, but my wonderful old dog just died, I’m looking for comfort food and this situation is not helping.)

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

First of all, my condolences on the death of your dog. It does hurt when a beloved pet dies. Hope you are able to find some peace soon, I’m sending you my best wishes.

Secondly… Have you tried making something with rice, chicken white sauce combined with cheese (your choice) mushrooms and seasonings? Maybe add a little fresh cooked crispy crumbled bacon? How about onions or celery? I’ve never made a casserole with chicken containing those ingredients, but the above ingredients, with a little garlic and parsely make a KILLER cheddery bacony casserole. Yum!

Come on, you sound like you need a little time in the kitchen experimenting to help distract you from your pain. Get in the kitchen, look around, and see what you can come up with.

I lightly cook the onions and celery in the bacon grease before adding them to the casserole, they are still crisp when I add them. Smoked cheddar gives it an added kick too.

How about sour cream & rice?

Here’s one with milk and cream cheese but rice or noodles of any kind.

And one similar to what Zabali suggested.

Um, that second one should have read “but no…”