Forty-Two

Awww, damn. I thought this thread was about AbFab.

Patsy: “I’m forty-two!”
Saffy: “And I’m an ovum!”

Oh well, I’ll see myself quietly out…

So, Anubis, what was your purpose? Now we know what 42 means to Douglas Adams fans (like me) and sports fans (like zev_steinhardt), and even AbFab fans (like shannybonanny), but what does it mean to you?

Hey, Homebrew! Bid 'em up!

I’m warning you, Calliope, with me and my friends unless you bid at least 33, you might as well pass. Don’t be afraid of 35 and 36 is not uncommon.

Table Rules:
Forced Bid
Forced Nil-o only
Splash and Plunge are ok, but your partner is allowed to kick your ass for it.
No 7s. Period.
You can go “follow me” but you will be ridiculed.
Doubles are always high unless you go Nil-o.
I’m buying if you’re flying (and vice versa).

I am an expert at plunge. And your bids don’t scare me. Ha! I laugh at a 36!!!

Is today your birthday, Anubis?

Who the hell plays 7’s anyway?

And I’m more than down for a game of 42 anytime.

Let’s not forget what a 42-enthusiast Lewis Carroll was.

In Through the Looking Glass, Rule 42 (“All persons over a mile high to leave the court,”) is “The oldest rule in the book.”

And of course Rule 42 is the only rule in The Hunting of the Snark.

Mr. Dodgson was fond of 42 in his private life, too. (This extended to 74088, because 74088 is 42X42X42) Queer bird, he was.

And of course let’s not forget that Elwood P. Dowd met Harvey when he was 42. (A Big White Rabbit-- coincidence? Probably, I guess.)

If you’re going to be numerologically fixated, you should pick either 42 or 23 - otherwise, people might confuse you with those crackpots that are obsessed with the number 11. Weirdos.

Two Marks.

How many minutes it take to get from any one point on earth to any other point using only gravity (and some well placed frictionless tunnels)?

Anyone read the Salmon of Doubt yet? Anyone else think it’s hilarious that they used that title? Anyone mad at me for still not updating the afdaFAQ? Any more questions?

Ben?

If I look at the clock on a sunday morning and it’s not pointing to x:42 I don’t get up.
I give it another hour.

Mo Vaughn of the Mets wears it, and considers it a tribute. He also runs like Jackie Robinson.

Of course, Jackie would be about 80 if he wasn’t dead at the present time…

42 years old?? that’s not so bad, I’m 42.

So did 40 freak you out too, or just 42…??? That even number thing??

m/42/TN

At this point, I’m into any relatively female human being aged 18 to 78…

But 42 would be IDEAL!!!

Peace,
TN*hippie
P.S. Love the artistic expression in the OP.

And 42 in binary is:

Very symmetric, wouldn’t you say?

I read somewhere that the meaning of life is 42. After a little thought, I believe that it is true, but only in the northern hemisphere. In the southern hemisphere, the meaning of life is 24.