Free Baby

http://www.halcyon.com/gwally/articles/baby.html

Check this out, and read the Free Baby feedback. I laughed until I cried.

Hmmm I wonder if I can add a coule more to the list.

Ive always found it easer to get forgiveness rather than permission.

OOPS couple more

Please forgive me.

Ive always found it easer to get forgiveness rather than permission.

That was stupid…in poor taste too.
Not poor enough taste to be funny though.

I actually don’t think it was stupid or tasteless at all. I think it is sad because this illustrates exactly how we treat animals. I get so mad every time I read the classifieds, or go to the local SPCA (I volunteer) and see animals that people just gave away because they are afraid for the baby, getting divorced, moving, etc.

They let these animals become part of their lives, part of their families. And then as soon as it’s inconvenient, or maybe a bit more work (because of new baby) they get rid of the pet. How sad.

Before you flame, let me say that I’m not talking about a pet that is very aggressive, or has an obvious problem dealing with children.

'Nuf said.

I know they dont really want to give away the baby…but after the whole thing in BC where the mom tossed the baby with Down’s Syndrome off a bridge…( after she tried via the internet to give the baby away)…it just sucks all the possible funny right out of it for me.

Not to argue the point, but lets say you have a great pet, yadda yadda…then a few years later you are blessed with a baby who unfortunately is allergic, or asmthatic…what are you suggesting they do? Keep the pet in the home, risking health problems for the child? Sometimes people have no choice.

Long personal story about a cat to follow:

I wanted a cat…I went to the pound, nothing there appealed to me, they were all aggressive or freaked out from the pound…on the way out, there was a man, desperately stroking his cat, as he signed him up for adoption…the story was bleak: man with wife and 3 year old looses job, must go back to school. the only way he can provide for his family is to move home with his folks.Charlie ( the cat) who always slept with the 3 year old, knocked something over, made a mess, and the parents said he had to go. Man really didnt have alot of choices. He was in school, wifes salary obviously wouldnt support all 3 of them in their own place. He did what he had to do for his family. He cried as he gave that cat up…he wasnt throwing him away! I told the man I would be back for Charlie, and I was. He was the best cat in the whole world.

Kellibelli,

I’m obviously NOT talking about cases where there are NO alternatives. I think this was obvious in my post when I mentioned exceptions- I couldn’t possibly list all possible exceptions- it was a generalization.

I wouldn’t expect people to put their babies at risk. I’m just saying that WAY TOO MANY people think nothing of getting rid of pets due to inconvenience. Hell, kids can be an inconvenience at times, but you love them and you go through these times and the rewards outweigh everything else.

Kellibelli, get a sense of humor.

That was hilarious. And dead on. Pets should be for life. If you can’t make that kind of commitment, don’t get a pet. It’s not that hard to figure out.

trisha

Jazzmine…you know I have a sense of humor…I also explained why I could find no humor in this.

I do believe in commitment to animals…they arent disposeable pets…but shit happenes and sometimes people have to put their families first, that is all I am saying.

There is no arguement here, I DONT think people should just give them up for no reason.

Thanks for posting this - I got a really big kick out of it, and it actually proved useful. I breed cats and a message was just posted to my breed list about someone looking for homes for their two cats because they had just had a baby (the people, not the cats). Some people immediately criticized them, others said wait a minute, we don’t know the whole situation, and tempers started fraying a little bit.

Then I posted this URL and everyone with a sense of humor had a good laugh.

I have as much authority as the Pope; I just don’t have as many people who believe it! - George Carlin

You BREED cats?!?!?

You are one sick fucker…I hope they scratch you in the worst possible way!

:wink:

I’m not too fond of children so I thought it was funny. Some of you out there seem to be kind of thin-skinned though.

I did actually think it was funny. I just forgot my humor when I read Kellibelli’s post. No offence KB, I’m way over it now. It was just a reactionary thing! :slight_smile:

I love irreverant (sp) and politically INcorrect jokes. But then again, I have a very warped sense of humor.

Satire- The use of irony, sarcasm, or ridicule in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

I’d rather supply this def’n than post to the “Kellibelli is a maladjusted, ignorant fool” thread.

Oops, Kellibelli, you’re right - I should have said the cats breed each other and I just watch!

Hmm, maybe I just shouldn’t say anything at all . . .

I have as much authority as the Pope; I just don’t have as many people who believe it! - George Carlin

I usually love inappropriate humor…shrug… I’ll blame it on hormones this time.

and HEY! I may be ignorant, I may be malajusted, but I am NO fool!
:wink: