Free iPhone Navigator

Can someone suggest a free talking navigator app for my iPhone 4S?

mapquest

Also, in a few months with iOS 6, Apple’s own Maps.

I currently use Waze, which has the added benefit of crowd-sourced traffic. The text-to-speech isn’t great, but it usually does the job. But yes, if you wait a few months the iOS update will replace GoogleMaps with Apple’s new map app.

Definitely use mapquest

Definitely use Waze

mapquest

Thanks everyone. I installed MapQuest but how do I point the sound output to my bluetooth device?

I’ll put in another vote for Waze; it’s the one I’ve been using lately. It’s not always perfect on directions, though, and I find that sometimes, because it’s crowd-sourced using current traffic conditions (which is great in theory), it will sometimes attempt to route you on these weird jogs around traffic jams that are far worse than if you’d just sat in the traffic. I do like a lot of the features, though.

I may be switching back to another, paid one though, which I think I just like better. If you’re willing to spend a bit of money, Motion X Drive is reasonably priced and very good. It’s only 99¢ for the app itself, but the turn-by-turn voice directions are a subscription. It’s $9.99 for a year of voice directions, or you can do it month-by-month at $2.99. If you got the year in advance route, I think that’s very reasonable. If you’re willing to spend a little bit of money, I think it’s the best one.

But for free, yeah, give Waze a try.

Exe here too.

[Not the OP]
Ok, so I installed Mapquest on my iPhone 4 and it seems ok, but I didn’t see any way to save or access my locations. After looking I guess you have to create an account at www.mapquest.com and then the iPhone app will sync online maybe? But that appears to be thru AOL (they’re still around?!) and it wants to create a username@aol.com email address which I don’t particularly want to do.

Am I missing something?