Free PC game and free weekend notification thread

Four Kings One War is free on Steam. A 4-Way chess game

Civilization VI is free on Epic Games.

Not to be missed (personally I perfer Civ-V with all the DLC but Civ-VI is still good…especially for free).

Civ VI free? I am surprised. I bought it on the first significant sale after release (so maybe 20% off, base version) because I always love/play Civ games, starting with the original (I think I still have some of my early boxes).

But…I never really bonded with it. For my playstyle and the things I enjoy, the changes were for the worst. Some simple things were now much harder to do (I don’t recall what now, but maybe “skip this unit’s orders for now”), and some of the annoyances may have been addressed in later patches or DLC. I sometimes think about re-installing, but Civ V scratches all my itches.

Yeah…I think they simplified too much (from graphics to gameplay) to try and work well on consoles. It suffered overall for it.

I have all the Civ-V DLCs. Never bought a single Civ-VI DLC.

But for free, if you do not have it? Falling off a log easy yes please.

Don’t get me wrong: FREE is a great price! And there are many people who enjoy the heck out of the game. I’m just getting too…old and impatient, I guess…to learn vastly different mechanics (it seemed) before I start enjoying the game.

Everyone who has ever enjoyed a past Civ game should definitely get it at $0 (if they’re willing to go the Epic Games route).

Yeeeeep, I was tempted to go ahead and pick it up until I watched a few reviews.

Ain’t no way I have the time to even scratch the surface of that game.

Interkosmos free. VR only game, but might as well add it even if you don’t have a VR headset now just in case.

OMG, are we actually expected to play games we buy/receive for free?

:wink:

Yep, claim now, worry about finding the time to play later!

Claiming games has become a game unto itself. :smiley:

No, no, not necessarily and certainly not in my case. But until I get kids out of the house and retire, a game like Civ is beyond my reasonable amount of leisure time :wink: Not to mention all of the other free or on sale games that I have that have yet to be installed.

No, no, not necessarily and certainly not in my case. But until I get kids out of the house and retire, a game like Civ is beyond my reasonable amount of leisure time :wink: Not to mention all of the other free or on sale games that I have that have yet to be installed.

Aegis Defenders free on Steam until May 23rd

Was free on Humble but, well, here it is again!

I think it is telling they are giving the newer Civ away for free and not the (much) older one.

A clear indication of which is the better game.

Still, as has been said, you cannot go wrong for free and this is not a bad game at all…it’s quite good. Just Civ-V was soooo much better (a true game for the ages once you had all the DLC).

I guess…I mean Grand Theft Auto V was considered the best one and they gave it away…

I was only partway joking when I said there couldn’t be anyone left who didn’t have GTA V yet. I have no idea what Epic pays to the developers to give the game away, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Rockstar has decided there is very little money to be made from selling the base game, but thinks it still might have some to be made in Online micro-transactions(although some of the Shark cards are 100 bucks, I wish we had found a better term than micro-transactions, but we seem stuck with it now) once they get into a few more peoples hands.

Is there a GTA-VI they could have given away?

with the online bonuses and such I think they’re just trying to keep interested in the online portion

I can see a WOW inspired GTA MMORPG game happening… all you’d have to do is just use the “pick a gang” style they had in the first 2 …

Nah, it’s an indication of which game is still under active development with the most potential for DLC/Expansion sales.

“Borderlands: The Handsome Collection” is free on Epic. Pretty great deal. Borderlands is a lot of fun.

Near as I can tell this includes: Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and all DLC for them as of December 31st, 2017.

Dude, that’s…well…Epic. That’s a hell of a lot of good play time for zero bucks.