Freezer burned pork chops, no slow cooker

I’ve got some pretty intensely freezer burned pork chops that I’d like to not toss. Not feeding this to my family or anything; I’m a single guy who generally eats to survive (though I am also a bit of a foodie - I keep these 2 spheres compartmentalized out of necessity).

I think the most obvious way to go would be a slow cooker, except for the fact that I don’t own one. I’ve salted them and I’m marinading them in apple juice overnight. Is this a good idea? Other ideas?

This URL has some good tips:

Looks like you can braise it in an oven :slight_smile:

Go to Goodwill and get a slow cooker.

StG

A dutch oven or large lidded pot will be fine in the oven. Since these are chops and not tall like a roast, even a baking dish with tight foil over the top will work. I don’t have a slow cooker/crock pot either. Just use the oven at 200F. Trying to use the stovetop at the lowest setting may still be too hot, and I’ve found best results on stovetop only happen if your heavy pot/dutch oven is the heaviest kind - cast iron. Otherwise, slow oven will work just fine.

Recipe ideas anyone?

You might try the old standby of cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix and a bit of milk. They tend to absorb quite a bit of moisture and flavor, especially if you’ve already marinated them.

If you like beans, then prepare you beans the way to like them. Sear the chops on a grill and add them to the simmering beans. Cook for 1 1/2 hours.