Frosty the snowman is a lich

A recent article suggested the theory that Frosty, and perhaps all snowmen, are liches, a class of creature from D&D characherized as an undead wizard who has attached their soul to a cursed object that possesses people. What do y’all think?

I think this a brilliant idea for a story, particularly the sort of thing Dr Who or Friday the 13th TV series must have tried at some point, but not particularly applicable to Frosty, who I think is closer to a genie or one of the thought form avatars we see in American Gods. I am also now seeing some similarities between liches and horcruxes.

How would you taxonomize Frosty? I’ll also open up discussion to enjoyable speculation about the supernatural taxonomy of other non obvious fictional characters.

(Original link: Frosty The Snowman Is Probably A Lich )

At first glance, I thought that was a typo and you meant to say “lech”.

:rolleyes:

Taxonomically a golem.

I always thought of him as a Snow Golem.

That’s not how liches work, at least up to 4e. (I’ve not played 5e, so I don’t know if they’ve changed it.) Their souls are separate from their bodies, but it’s more like Voldemort’s horcruxes - you need to destroy the phylactery, or the lich will regenerate.

Frosty is a construct (not a golem, specifically, since he’s quite bright). The hat was clearly used to contain the elemental that animates him.

Frosty is Xykon??

Maybe he’s related to Goldberry, as in Tom Bombadil. Just a nature spirit in a corporeal form. Except his is a short-term form.

Is he a good lich, or a bad lich?

Maybe, just maybe he’s made of snow, you know uh, frozen precipitation. And there’s that little tv show that exacerbates the myth.

I thought it was “bitch”. Especially after reading about asshole Santa, abusive dad Donner, and the homicidal elf in the “Rudolf The Red-Nosed Reindeer TV special” thread.

Calvin & Hobbes did it first.