Fruitcake!

A friend has asked for a fruitcake for Christmas (ew!). What’s the best fruitcake on the internet?

StG

I don’t know, but when you find it buy two and send one my way as well. Yum.

Homemade. Better get started, they take awhile.

I like these guys, but they aren’t even remotely inexpensive. Especially after you add in shipping costs from the wilds of northern Michigan.

One year I gave only homemade Christmas gifts, and made about a gazillion miniloaves of fruit cake one day. It was awesome and well-received, but I won’t do that again.

If you don’t mind baking, the Good Eats Free-Range Fruitcake is fantastic. It is made with dried fruit instead of candied fruit and is dense, rich and delicious.

If you want to buy, there are a lot of suggestions in the other thread.

Assumption Abbey, if you want them to love you for the rest of your life.

I’ll second these guys. Their fruitcakes are amazing, as is their jam. Very boozy!

If they aren’t that good of friends, just go to Figi’s.

Thanks for the recommendations. I decided to send Assumption Abbey’s fruitcake. Not as expensive as Poor Rock Abbey’s - The Assumption monks must take their vow of poverty more seriously. :wink:

StG

Late to the party as always, but there is also Gethsemani if you like bourbon. I don’t so haven’t tried it but many people here like it. I do like their fudge. The non-bourbon ones anyway.
What is it with monks and fruitcake anyway?

My family makes it’s own fruitcake, but we also buy some. This is the only one we’ve purchased mailorder, from Corsicana Texas.