Ft. Lauderdale FL — Video Shows Lamborghini Urus Speed Through Stop Sign, T-Bone Car, Fly Into Roof of Home

Video Shows Lamborghini Urus Speed Through Stop Sign, T-Bone Car, Fly Into Roof of Home

The high-dollar SUV was reportedly a rental from Miami.

BY LUCAS BELL
AUG 4, 2022

I try to check cross-traffic when the light turns green; it’s a habit from motorcycling. Lately I’ve been trying to quickly scan and check any cross street, but that’s hardly ever optimal. The Lambo SUV driver here was going WAY too fast in a residential district.

That is not going to buff out.

Jeff Spicoli: Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he’s got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

He was fast and the homeowner is furious.

As long at the radio still works no one will notice.

He’s lucky it wasn’t a diesel van.

TIL Lamborghini makes an SUV…

residents have repeatedly urged local officials for a change in the intersection’s design

What do they want you think? 4-way STOP? The STOP sign we can see looks plainly visible to me, the Lambo driver was speeding like shit and just didn’t stop.

He didn’t intentionally leave the crash site? :thinking:

What a shitty house. Actually makes mine look not so bad.

Me too. I was disappointed when I watched the video.

I’m actually right now editing a wedding that includes a Lambo Urus in it – from the outside, it does look just like a nice luxury SUV/crossover, but when you hear the engine, it sounds like it means business. Looking it up, it looks like it could reach around 200mph.

Everybody makes an SUV. Even Lotus makes an SUV.

I didn’t think Ferrari did, but it looks like they released one this year, the Ferrari Purosangue. (ETA: McLaren apparently doesn’t have one, but there are rumors they may be developing one.)

One of the men interviewed in the video report stated he believed a traffic light at that intersection would save lives.

Not to worry, the renter’s insurance will cover everything.

If they won’t stop for a stop sign, what makes him think they’ll stop for a light?

Just IMHO, but it seems to me that people tend to notice traffic lights more than they do signage. Of course, there’s also that big ol’ obvious stop stripe on the street that the offending driver missed, so who knows what would help there?

If it’s that bad I think they need rumble strips or a speed bump.

OTOH, a properly designed speed bump could launch fast cars into houses without the need for the intervening SUV!

And now I have something to wish for when I hit the lottery. Because at this point in my life if I climb into a Lamborghini I won’t be able to get out.