Fuck F*ck.

You don’t think reading lips is a bit more challenging for the tykes, or anyone who might be in earshot, than to just play fill in the vowel?

Even without the vowel it sounds like ‘fuck.’

However, I do decree, from this day forward that the asterisk shall forever be referred to as the butthole*.

e.g. “You need to add a footnote to that butthole.”

“…or press the butthole to talk to a sales representative…”
*Yeh, I kicked around assterisk, or asskiss, but butthole is just too good.

Kn*ckers!

Whatever happened to that poster?

F*ck him.

Jah, und ze F*kker vas flying a Messerschmidt.

Some sites will automatically censor swear words, often in such a way that you can’t tell what the original word was (other than from context). I suppose to some, f*ck is preferable to ****.

According to the late, great Kurt Vonnegut they do.

Ugh. I remember older websites would get smart enough to recognize when someone was trying to get past the filter, like typing “f u c k” or “f.u.c.k.” But then they got too liberal, so if you typed “push it!” it would become “pu****!”

What can I say? Great minds think alike. sniff

Oh man, that was supposed to be a Barny Fife sniff of pride, but now it looks like I’m smelling buttholes.

What have I done?!

Some of them got quite ridiculous. Like censoring the “hell” in hello, or the “ass” in pass.

In a related note I always find it funnier when TV shows use a bleep to censor a bad word. Like say in South Park, A comedian, Family Guy or something.

Reading a censor is pretty dumb, but I think hearing it is way funnier than the actual word.

Well, I’m your extreme opposite. When i use Facebook it is because I’m drinking and any self filtering is out the window.

You know what makes me stabby, and want to carve curses into the censors’ foreheads? When the take the 1-2 s sound clip of the swear, reverse it, and then reinsert it into the same spot. I’ve heard it in places like radio Eminem songs. It is so jarring and stomach churning when you hear it.

Not necessarily. I find I have trouble figuring out the swears on Craig Ferguson’s show, for example, because they cover up the mouths. Plus he specifically uses unusual swears.

And I agree beeps are funnier. Making the audience make that last connection themselves is just a general tactic. Plus, have you watched how much less funny South Park is online without the beeps?

What a coincidence! Ih just ped a s* while walking my ****zu on the beach!