Fuck it if I lose friends for this, I'm sick of people making shit up

I don’t know- Bernadette Stanis still looks amazingly good. Pic from last year- it’s been 30 years since they left the ghetto and she’s aged maybe 10.

Naturally you picked the cuisine of a Communist country. (I’d have gone Arab.)

So update on friend B:

He admitted he forgot it was even election night (voted early) and that rant was actually meant to be a random debate. Looking over, he never even mentioned Obama and now that I have a clearer head, it wasn’t much of a rant, just our normal point vs point style. He’s not all that interested in politics so I’m willing to believe him that there was no Obama intentions. He was actually really accepting of Obama’s presidency, and said he’s sure he’ll do fine, he may not like some of the Democrat’s policies, but agrees that’s just the way the nation works.

Friend B I always saw as a bit racist, and he is, but he knows it’s wrong and tries to move past it and I see him working at it. Friend A, who I thought was pretty normal, turned out to be way more unapologetically racist (discovered after more prolonged discussion) than Friend B. You guys don’t know these people but I’m shocked at friend A, and pleasantly, but slightly shocked at friend B (who actually commented on friend A being weird). So, uh, crisis made slightly easier. I still have to decide what to do with A, but I’m sure I can work it out in one way or another.

[/ever so slight hijack… just wanted to follow up my post]

Quoted because it bears repeating.

[continuing, briefly, the ever so slight hijack]

With all due respect, Jragon, I’m not sure what there is to be worked out. I mean, it seems to me that “way more unapologetically racist” → “thanks for letting me know who you are–good-bye”.

I realize that human relationships are complex, but I also know that, if it can at all be helped, I can’t have people in my life–especially in my *personal *life–whose outlook on other people/the world makes “me feel a little ill”. I simply can’t.

Good luck.

Does anyone else think that “Renovated Jesus Nazis” would make a great band name? :smiley:

Band of what?

Even Facebook can be bad.

I had one acquaintance from high school spamming posts from her cell phone about how she hates Obama, lost faith in America, and is just going to sit back and say “I told you so!” when America goes to shit. She had many people that agreed and of course had bunches that disagreed with her and said so on her post.
What does she do? She deletes the posts that disagree with her of course! The next day she puts up a post with even more rants and also includes that she will delete the post of anyone who does not offer constructive support (read: disagrees with her.) In the same post she was ranting about respect, equality, and fairness. I couldn’t help but to laugh as she was demanding these things but would delete anyone who disagreed with her.
I was going to write a long response to her, but then I realized that it was pointless. She would just delete it, and it’s not like my post would change her mind anyways. I just got rid of her from my friend list so I wouldn’t have to see her mindless glurge anymore.

Granted, we were only acquaintances in high school so I’m not going to miss her terribly but it’s still annoying nonetheless.

I used to belong to a children’s charity group. They put out regular newsletters, intended to be humorous but also somewhat informative on the goings-on of the group.

About 95% of the group is Republicans, but politics was never really a big deal other than occasional ribbing.

In 2004, one pre-election newsletter contained quite a bit of Kerry-bashing, but framed somewhat jokingly to give a pretense of humor. I wrote the editors and complained that we are a children’s charity, not a political organization, by law, and political discussion in the newsletter was inappropriate. I also said we should embrace people of all political persuasions who want to help underprivileged children in their community, especially at a time when our membership was dwindling.

The editors published my letter in the next newsletter and responded with words to the effect that I couldn’t take a joke and essentially had my panties in a twist.

I don’t belong to that group anymore. Way to go, jackasses. Great job looking out for the poor kids.