Fuck Netflix! Hamlet is a Two-Disc Movie! Warning to all Netflixers!

It’s the Character Name In Title that gets my blood racin’.

[QUOTE=SkipMagic]
It’s the Character Name In Title that gets my blood racin’.
[/QUOTE]
What’s my name? (Slap) What’s my name? (Slap) What’s my name?

[QUOTE=SkipMagic]
It’s the Character Name In Title that gets my blood racin’.
[/QUOTE]

Right – because all the good Shakespeare movies have that, including Hamlet. If Shakespeare does it, it must be good.

[QUOTE=Ponder Stibbons]
You mean, The Wiz?

d&r
[/QUOTE]
Oh… Oh, that’s so very, very wrong.

And I laughed. So I’ll sit next to you for the trip to Hell, yes?

The obvious problem is that you ordered Hamlet from Netflix.

Yeesh. People STILL ignore the advice.

[QUOTE=ArizonaTeach]
I don’t know what wussed out, bowlderized, Charles and Mary Lamb version of Hamlet you’re reading, but the one in my head clearly shows everyone dying. And monkeys. Mine has monkeys.
[/QUOTE]

I believe the monkeys were only in the first folio. They were removed by 1630 and most scholars refuse to put them back in because they were silly.

Man, am I glad that I grabbed it at Borders (sort of on impulse along with Raise the Red Lantern) instead of keeping it at the top of my queue. I would have been…displeased.

I buttered myself up for The Big One by watching Henry V yesterday. Branagh as young Hal = smoldering

That scene at the end - where Fortinbras is riding along the beach and sees the statue of the Little Mermaid and says, “Oh my God. All the time, it was Denmark. You Maniacs! You killed everyone! Damn you! God damn you all to hell!” - pure movie magic. This Shakespeare guy can write. Is he working on any new movies?

[QUOTE=Little Nemo]
That scene at the end - where Fortinbras is riding along the beach and sees the statue of the Little Mermaid and says, “Oh my God. All the time, it was Denmark. You Maniacs! You killed everyone! Damn you! God damn you all to hell!” - pure movie magic. This Shakespeare guy can write. Is he working on any new movies?
[/QUOTE]
Bwahahahah! Good one!

[QUOTE=Just Some Guy]
I believe the monkeys were only in the first folio. They were removed by 1630 and most scholars refuse to put them back in because they were silly.
[/QUOTE]

No, not quite correct. The original had monks screeching and flinging their feces at Hamlet.

Later, Church of England censors changed monks to monkeys.

Finally, PETA convinced publishers to remove all references to monkeys, claiming the passages were libelous should monkeys ever achieve the civil rights they were entitled to.

[QUOTE=Boyo Jim]
No, not quite correct. The original had monks screeching and flinging their feces at Hamlet.

Later, Church of England censors changed monks to monkeys.

Finally, PETA convinced publishers to remove all references to monkeys, claiming the passages were libelous should monkeys ever achieve the civil rights they were entitled to.
[/QUOTE]

If an infinite number of feces flinging monks had an infinite number of typewriters…

I have a good friend who is a professional actress and a Shakespeare scholar. I called her and read her this thread. I thought she was going to pass out she was laughing so hard.
When I read her Boyo Jim’s post about the monks flinging poo, I think she wet herself.

Very well done to all of you.

[QUOTE=Bricker]
Hamlet sees dead people, including Kyser Soze.
[/QUOTE]

And Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.

…and there’s a Spanish swordfighter, and a giant, and a six-fingered man, and a lisping brainiac, and a mask-wearing blonde (with a great English accent, by the way), and an evil prince, and kissing… but not too much.

…and don’t say his name on stage, or it’s bad luck!

I like the part about robots.

What company only sells one disk of a two disk movie in the first place?

[QUOTE=dalej42]
I think it is probably fairly simple. Whoever put the discs into inventory probably put the second dvd as “bonus material.”
[/QUOTE]

So does that mean Netflix normally ships out “bonus” DVDs as a separate title?

If so, I’ll stick to walking into a Blockbuster, where the second DVD is already in the box.

[QUOTE=gotpasswords]
So does that mean Netflix normally ships out “bonus” DVDs as a separate title?

If so, I’ll stick to walking into a Blockbuster, where the second DVD is already in the box.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but where they never have the movie you want in the first place.

Yes, the bonus discs are generally not included and you have to add them as a seperate disc.

I was under the impression(from my phone call to Netflix) that they do not purchase the bonus discs very often.

I assumed they have a deal with some distributor that allows them to purchase individual discs since they buy such large numbers.

Am I wrong about that?

By the way, I’m thrilled that my thread is featured in Threadspotting! I didn’t even submit it! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Giles]
… keeps Fortinbras up to date with the Danish situation. …
[/QUOTE]

“They’ve still got some lemon, and a few cherry, but the prune are all gone…”