Fuck the Marlins

Jeez, people are still talking about baseball? The season ended over a week ago. It was Yankees 4, Red Sox 3.

National what?

Poor ole George. The Marlins won the World Series on a payroll that was less than a third of the Yankees. It’s a sad day in America when money can’t buy another World Championship. :smiley:

JZ

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ding dong the witch is dead. Ding dong, the wicked witch is dead!

The Marlins may be good, but since they took out the Cubs, I must hate them forever. My 82-year-old grandma was so excited, and then look what happened.

But she’ll at least be happy that the Yankees lost, since she hates their guts.

I already posted my rant in another thread, but as a Red Sox fan, I agree with you, Dignan, except where you said that Jack McKeon is a good guy.

He’s a whiney bitch who doesn’t deserve a job in the Major Leagues.

Josh Beckett was impressive, as a pitcher, and, as a role model for today’s youth. I expected to see some cocky young bastard after the game, but he was humble, and thankful for his opportunity. A fine example, IMHO.

Oh, btw, HAHAHAHA THE YANKEES SUCK!!!

His managerial record says otherwise. Not to mention the job he did with this team.

What, I’m going to lie and say I’m a real Marlins fan? If they had 26 WS titles over the last century I’d expect a bit more loyalty than to a team created during “Peace and Prosperity.”

I became a Marlins “fan” – still need to buy a shirt – when they hired the old guy and started winning with young guys that don’t speak about themselves in the third person using some cocky nickname.

Oh, and I always root against the Yankees. Man, living in Florida, you have no idea. It’s the Bronx South.

What do you propose? That the championship be based entirely on the amount of fan support received and not on actually winning games? That the winner of the WS be determined by an internet poll? That would be fun. :rolleyes:

Well, yeah. And Ty Cobb deserved a job in the big leagues, too. I was using the phrase in the sense of “He’s an asshole who can’t handle the pressure of getting beat 25-9, and if he were a true professional with any class, he wouldn’t have been such a baby about it.”

I heard a rumor that he may go back to the Chicago Cubs. Honestly, I don’t want his bitch ass back in Chicago. Plus I don’t think you could get to a lower level of hell than the Yankees.

You must be my sporting doppelganger. Those two also top my list of most disliked teams. Do you hate the Lakers too?

On the World Series, i was extremely happy to see the Yankees lose, although once the Cubs and the Red Sox got knocked out, i sort of lost most of my interest in the final outcome.

And, as an Orioles fan, i knew very early on that i had no chance of doing any real cheering in October. Stupid birds.

Well I’ve been waiting for almost a day to see “The Bosses” head explode. Did I miss it? Won’t that melt-down be televised??
Screw the Yankees.

Fuck the Marlins

Where’s Troy McClure when you need him?

How’s about them Dallas Cowboys? :wink:

Yes. Quite a bit, actually.

Guess what? I’m an O’s fan, too. Seriously. :slight_smile:

Jeter is the team leader? Isn’t it a basic rule one should look the ball into the glove? He was busy looking towards first base and the ball rolled up his arm. Dumbass.

He must not of have seen any film of the Blade playing SS or the best 3rd baseman in history.

Yeah, Jeffrey Loria is a dink.

But Jack McKeon isnt, and neither are Josh Beckett or Luis Castillo or Juan Pierre or any of the other Fish. They played better than their opponents and they deserved it.

Nobody says that an owner “won” a World Series. When people think of the 1980 World Series, they think of Mike Schmidt and Steve Carlton and the catch Pete Rose made on a ball that bounced off Bob Boone, and they think of Garry Maddox and how everyone called him “The Secretary of Defense.” Nobody thinks of who owned the Phillies; in fact, I can’t even remember who did own them. When fans think about the Big Red Machine they think of Sparky, Johnny, Joe and Tony; they don’t think of whomever owned them.

In twenty years nobody will remember Loria.

Who wants to bet that A-Rod is a Yankee next year?

You know, if I supported a team, watched them win a World Series, then saw them dismantled like so much crap right before my eyes, I would probably feel betrayed and cheated, and not support that team again, either. However, those kids on the Marlins are awesome, and I am glad I got to know them this postseason. I look forward to watching them next year.