Fuck You, Christopher Hansen Photography(lame)

I’d guess that too.

This is just my guess (haven’t looked up legal cites to verify) but if individuals were allowed to take pictures, and there were a lot of people in the ballroom, and you knew that you were performing in front of a lot of people (with cameras), then I’d say that’s public and I’d say that you couldn’t go up to one of those other people and demand that they make a copy of the photo of you, hand the photo over, or that they should destroy the picture of you. If they wanted to publish your photo for profit they would probably need your consent; however, if they wanted to put it in the newspaper (reporting on the competetion), I’m assuming they’d have a legal right to do that (though they might still want to get a model release to cover their ass).

Sounds like it. But until you know what the prior arrangement was, and how you figure into it, well, you just don’t know (as you already conceded). And I doubt that whatever the agreement was, it would include you (a participant), being able to “control” the photo (i.e. have it turned over to you or destroyed). I cannot imagine any photographer agreeing to those terms under the circumstances.

Huzzah! He finally called me back today, and I ordered prints. He was professional and apologized for the delay.

I don’t know why, but it satisfies me that you posted a resolution. I’m sure some deep, dark part of my brain was feeling empty not having closure on this picture issue.

:slight_smile: