Fuck You, State of North Carolina: A non-cleansing rant

Out of idle curiosity, what subject(s) are you planning on teaching for a living, Spazcat?

English. High school. Yes, I’m a glutton for punishment.

This may help:

Earned income is income earned from employment.

Unearned income is income derived from sources other than employment, such as income from rental property, interest and dividends from investments, and the like.

Gross income is the total of all your income from whatever source.

Do you, SpazCat, have over $250 in unearned income?

I know you don’t have over $3000 in earned income, because you said you didn’t earn $2000, total, for the year.

So it seems to me that, going by Polycarp’s quote, you are not required to file.

• Rick

That makes sense. Thanks Bricker. I may be burning some things in the kitchen sink.

My dad got his state forms in today. Turns out he was entering the taxable income from the wrong line. So I don’t owe the state shit. Woo.

I hereby take back one-third of the things I said about them. None of those things involve the budget or General Assembly.

Thank you for joining me in this rant, won’t you?

Hey SpazCat - I grew up in N.C. but now I reside in over the hills in Tennessee . . . where there are no state taxes at all !

Just that hellacious sales tax! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just over the hill from you here in western NC, NothingMan.

You can see the difference as soon as you cross the state line to TN too.

Complian about NC roads all you like but they are much better then SC or TN.

Glad about the taxes Spaz. Guess they don’t call you that for nothing huh? :slight_smile: Are you file anyway so you can get your $18 back?

Sorry sunshine, that isn’t what she was damning you for. For your enjoyment(the bolding is mine):

Perhaps you could sharpen your reading comprehension skills a bit, Hank.

Yeah. Here’s hoping they don’t confuse me with a certain state senator who shares my last name. Last time they did that, they said I owed them money. Where’s the head-banging-on-desk smiley?

Maybe you will get lucky and they owe the state senator a big refund this year!

Maybe you ought to contact the opposition party; there may be a career in politics for you!! :wink:

Explanation for non-Tarheels: There was a big furore down here at one party nominating a homeless man with the exact same name as the incumbent to run against him, with the obvious intent of confusing the voter. The incumbent had in the past got quite a few “crossover votes” from members of the opposition party who liked him personally. Fortunately, the homeless guy was challenged in both the primaries and the courts, and so it wasn’t a case of “John Jones vs. John Jones” on the ballot.

Well, I just checked the Big List O’ State Senators, and he’s no longer in office. I’m not going to say who he is other than to say he was famous for not being able to drive.