Fucking Birds

Speaking of seagulls and Scotland…

We were at the Castle Rock B&B in St. Abbs last summer. The weather was cool enough that it felt really nice to have the windows open as we went to bed. You could hear the water, and the gulls… I wrote in my journal that the sound of the gulls was so peaceful…

…about 5am I woke up and made another entry in my journal: “THE FUCKING SEAGULLS WON"T SHUT UP!!!”

THE goofyfish?

Amazing…I live exactly a block and a half from the lake, and never see a seagull…until I drive to a grocery store three miles south of the lake, where the parking lot is covered with seagulls all the time. No water anywhere around there except a small pond across the road, but the seagulls don’t go there…just the parking lot. One day when I got there a low-flying seagull dropped something sparkly near my car. It was a round crystal, about a half-inch across, with the letter W on one flattened side. I still have it…but I had to fight the bird for it…he swooped at me several times trying to get it back.

Read that, read your nick, and immediately thought you were speaking of a witch flying on a broom.

Then I remembered your spectacular small plane and pilot rants, and it made more sense, but was a bit less funny.

God, sorry for the “me, too”, but ME, TOO! The only reason I have any respect for the flying rats is because they eat insects, and that is something I just cannot deal with.

I don’t have much of a problem with birds around my house, because I think they’ve gotten word around that I own six cats. Of course, they don’t know my cats are strictly indoors, but let’s keep that under our hats for now.

If a bird shit in my husband’s beer, however, I would laugh until my jaw broke.

Does anyone remember that “Farside” cartoon about the world as seen from the viewpoint of a bird? Everything like cars, peoples heads, statues, etc, had targets on the top of it.

I love all of these “seagulls in Scotland” references. The only time I’ve ever been shit on by a bird was in St. Andrews. A big white spot, right on my boob. It looked great.

I, too, have heard that it’s good luck to have a bird poop on you. But maybe not in your beer. It’s an odd tradition–I bet medieval moms just told their kids that to make them feel better. :slight_smile:

I had a bird poop on my face once. It actually hit my forehead and splatted down onto my cheek. I was walking to school at the time. Ick.

I like you. You’re funny. Will you be my friend? :slight_smile:

It’s a sin to kill a mockingbird. :stuck_out_tongue: