Fucking Dog Walkers and their Fucking Bags

I can’t keep this inside any longer.

I don’t have one, but I love dogs. I understand the love for dogs. I understand poop. I even understand pet poop-- I scoop it out of the litter box twice a day.

I understand walking. I understand those little wrist bands that hold 25 or 50 or 100 tiny blue or green poop bags. I understand the need to dispose of those little poop-filled bags.

What I DON’T understand is why dog walkers think it’s perfectly OK to throw those little bags of poop into people’s private home plastic trash containers :mad:

I live in a nice, upscale, residential neighborhood. Trash day is every Wednesday. I dutifully go out to the garage in my slippers, early Wednesday mornings, load our plastic roller-bin up with the week’s garbage bags, and wheel it to the curb.

When I wheel the bin back into the garage, sometimes that night, and sometimes the next day, I lift the lid and look inside, and all our trash has been collected (thank you, garbage-men of the world!) HOWEVER, in return, ALWAYS, are one or more little dog poop baggies lying moist and flaccid inside my trash container.

FUCK, dog walkers, what the motherfucking FUCK.

Most of the time, this container lives inside my garage! My garage is part of my HOUSE. Just because my container is OUTSIDE on our little stretch of sidewalk for one morning a week does NOT mean that it’s a public poop disposal system. Those baggies are full of CRAP. There is no BAG in my plastic trash bin. It won’t be emptied for a week. A bare-assed baggie of dog poop sitting in my garage, stinking up my otherwise empty and fairly clean trash receptacle for a week is NOT ACCEPTABLE. It wouldn’t be acceptable if it was MY pet. I am not your dog-poop-holding-service because you’re too lazy to bring your dog’s feces to a proper garbage can.

Meanwhile, what’s the point of carrying baggies to remove your dog’s poop from someone else’s property if you’re just going to throw the bagged poop into someone ELSE’S property?? Just because it’s in a bag, doesn’t make it NOT POOP. KEEP your motherfucking poop out of my motherfucking trash bin!

I’m on the verge of posting a nasty sign. I’m also on the verge of camping out with a potato gun and clobbering anyone I see who drops a baggie into my container. Or rigging the trash container to fling bags of my cat’s poop at people who try to open it.

I am blinded with rage. And open to suggestions. I know if I post a sign, the motherfuckers will just drop it in one of my neighbor’s bins. I cannot believe this is considered an acceptable way to dispose of dog poop.

I do this all the time. It didn’t occur to me that it would piss people off. It’s common practice around here.

Are you kidding me? What do you think happens to the poop you dump in someone’s container? You think fairies take care of it?

I have seen people do this too, and I have done it in the past as well, thinking it wasn’t a big deal. It wasn’t until I saw that someone had posted a sign on their fence to please not throw dog poop bags in their garbage that I actually thought about what I was doing and stopped. I think SweetiePotato is allowed her rage, especially considering she keeps her bins in the garage. I would be upset as well - dog poop sitting in a semi-warm environment for a week is not a nice smell.

Can you post a sign by your bins asking people to not throw dog poop bags in them? Perhaps people aren’t really thinking about what they’re doing?

ETA: I see you mentioned posting a sign. I’d suggest a nice sign first. As said, people probably aren’t doing this maliciously, they’re just clueless.

I think that the trash man takes it the following week.

There are a bunch of houses that have their cans out all week long. I usually put them in those cans.

Why not just dispose of it in your own bin when you get home? What if those homeowners dump heavy garbage in their bins before looking, hit the bag, and explode dog poop all over? Are you going to go there and clean it up?

I’m not sure that that’s even possible. This is a very dog friendly town and I assure you that this is standard practice. I’m not saying that it makes it right but I don’t think that people around here care. I don’t care if people put bags of poop in my cans. I would certainly respect a “no poop” sign on someone’s bin.

Dog owner (and walker) here, and I’m with the OP on this one.

Private garbage cans are private. You should not put your garbage in someone else’s cans. This is particularly true with dog poop, which can smell up a garbage can in no time (especially in summer!)

My particular peeve is with folks who dutifully pick up the dog’s poop in a plastic bag, and then toss the bag in the bushes or on the side of the road. I see bags like this EVERY DAY. What the everloving crap do they think happens with the bags? The poop bag fairy picks them up? If anything, this is actually worse than just leaving the poop alone to biodegrade. When it is in a plastic bag, the poop just sits in there for months getting grosser and grosser. What exactly are they thinking?

It very rarely gets hot here especially in my neighborhood which is in a valley. I’ll be more mindful but it’s sincerely would be a surprise to me if anyone who cares about this isn’t in a small minority around here.

I empathize w/ the OP. I mean, i don’t really think it’s a big deal, but I try to be respectful that other people may think that it **IS **a big deal.

Now, i HAVE used one of the neighbor’s cans if it’s at the curb and has not been picked-up yet. However, I would not put a bag of my dog’s shit in a neighbor’s empty can. That’s bordering on gross. Sure, it’s just a trashcan… but it’s not my trashcan.

I can understand tossing the poop bag into a garbage can that hadn’t yet been emptied by the garbage collectors. But tossing it into a private empty garbage can? That’s fucking disgusting and rude. You might as well just toss it onto their driveway or front yard.

I’m a dog owner and walker, and I carry my poop around the block until I get home and then I put the bag in a special receptical for poop bags.

I would never in a million years consider putting it in a neighbor’s trash can - not even if the can were full and it would simply sit in the can until the trash was picked up the next morning.

Putting it in an empty can for the neighbor to host for a week? Damn!!!

Whether it gets warm or not, or whether my can is inside the garage or outside, I think it’s reasonable that I don’t want bags of dog poop sitting around my property all the time. I don’t want to turn hajario into a whipping boy, but the attitude is amazing. Maybe it seems OK because people don’t see it happen, or don’t complain, but I think if you knocked on people’s doors and asked if you could drop your poop bag onto their property to sit for a week before being collected, most people would say NO.

I see this all the time and it has never occurred to me to be on purpose-- I always assume someone tied the bag to their leash or something and it fell off. But then… at some point you must realize you lost the bag, right? I had poop, and now I don’t? :confused: Boggling.

Here, animal excrement is required to be double bagged before the garbagemen will take them. Meaning in a bag, inside another bag. Maybe that’s why it’s also considered boorish and rude, where I live. And not widely done! But to be honest, round here you’d also be considered boorish and a poor neighbour for leaving you garbage cans out all week. In fact, if your neighbours complain enough the city will cite you for it, and fine you.

I share the OP’s disgust. It’s your dog, take his shit to your own garbage can. Why should people who don’t have a dog, have shit from your animal, anywhere on their property?

I’ve thought this might be the explanation for a couple of them. But it does not explain the bags that have obviously been tossed into bushes, and now decorate them like someone is celebrating the “festival of poop” holiday.

Totally with the OP. I don’t have a dog and about 10% of the reason is because I don’t want shit all over my yard and I don’t want to go on walks every day and pick more warm shit up. So when I get shit on my shoes in my yard and when the trash can I’m hauling around the yard putting clippings in on a summer day smells like hot crap and I don’t even get the benefit of a happy companion jumping at my heels, well, somehow the crap smells even worse.

To all of you that pick it up and take it home for proper disposal, seriously, thank you very much. That’s very neighborly of you.

ETA: One thing to a couple of walkers, just because your dog(s) are little bitty doesn’t give you a hall pass. It’s great spent turds aren’t huge but they still get embedded just as deep in the treads of my yard shoes. Pick that Yorkie shit up dude.

About lose bags of poop, this happens where I live too. Often people want to go in a shop or store, and don’t want to take it in with them. Then they just forget it, when they come out. It happens. Also where I live you have to walk your dog in the cold, cold winter. It’s pretty hard to feel the bag slip out of your mitten/gloves. It happens.

Of course sometimes people are just being boorishly ignorant, and think it’s okay to leave their pets poop bag any old where. I choose to believe those people are not the norm!

I agree 100%, Mr. Jackson. :slight_smile:

I really do!

99% of the time (and going forward 100% of the time) they go in bins that are always at the curb or front of the driveway where the people never put them in their garages. The bags almost always go in partially filled bins. Those bins usually have a bunch of little bags in them.

In the case of the OP, it doesn’t sound like there is just one dickhead neighbor doing this but rather more than a few doing it. If I knew that it was pissing people off, I wouldn’t do it. Even when I didn’t have a dog, I didn’t care if someone put a bag of poop in my bin.