FUCKING Round Table

Last honest pizza, my round white ASS!!
Round Table used to be the best pizza in the area. Now? I will most definitely be switching to the take it home & bake it yourself type.
This is the SECOND FUCKING TIME my pizza has been delivered with zero sauce. Well. I take that back. Not zero. It was brushed on. Like with a paintbrush. Dry as a fuckin bone. Thin crust that used to be baked to perfection is now burnt to a fuckin crisp on the edges. Handful of cheese right in the middle, mushrooms all dried out, and the pepperoni doesn’t even have those little pools of grease in the center surrounded by those really crunchy edges. Pepperoni is now healthy. There are simply not adequate words to express my disgust.
Add to that, I am in California, so getting a decent pizza is damn near impossible, anyway. I have been to New York. I have been to Chicago. I fully admit, the pizza of my native California is MUCK. The only place that came close to being decent was Round Table.
If I want anything good, I’m gonna have to make it myself.

GAAAAH!! GODDAMMIT!! Delivery pizza is DEAD.

Look around, or try the Yellow Pages. I stay away from the chains, and have found several local places that deliver a pretty substantial pie. Loaded with unhealthy ingredients, and dripping with cheese. :smiley:

As someone born and raised in New York, I can honestly state that Round Table and other chains do not make good pizza anyway. The best pizza comes from a Mom and Pop store in NewYork, the kind of place that does not run a chain and probably does not advertise either. It’s the local water, the ingredients, and hand-made to order vs mass produced. Anything else is just canned sauce on cardboard. Find yourself a little hole in the wall place where Mama and Papa still run everything personally.

Yes the local joints are better than the chains. I don’t always want to spend the money to get a really good Pizza (usually get Papa Murphy’s or Dominos if I am being cheap), but when I do I go to our local Flying Pie and they make a damn fine pizza.

Two words for you Mountain Mike’s.

Aw, Maureen. I hear ya. I mourn the downward slide and subsequent closure of our neighborhood Round Table. It used to be good; the only decent pizza I could find. (Mountain Mike’s is in the next town)

But after too many wrong orders, too many undercooked pizzas (twice one night!), and I can’t remember what else, I stopped going there too. It closed a year later. I guess the rest of the town was tired of that nonsense too.

Take-n-bake is our only edible option, but at least it’s cheaper.

You pretty much have to stick to the independents. There is one great place here, not New York great, but great by California standards. I don’t know of any chains that are any good.

Haj

Try the local places, you are bound to find one for your taste, although they can be horrible as well.

Make your own from scratch. It’s fun. And rewarding.

Meh. The whole reason for ordering pizza is that it’s always ready in 20 minutes. Even assuming I have all the ingredients, that’s how long it would take me just to chop the damn mushrooms and brown the hamburger.

Stuffy, I LOVE Mountain Mikes. The closest one to me is in Niles, tho, and that’s a bit far to go for a pizza. Did I hear they now deliver? Might be worth looking into.

Hey, Cowgirl Jules. Yup. It’s getting closer and closer to take n bake, mainly because it’s much cheaper and I can get the pie loaded. It’s the only way I can feed my 13 y.o.

I’m frustrated because I didn’t want to have to go anywhere last night. I just wanted to order a decent pizza, sit down in front of the tube, and watch Underworld in my jammies. Delivered pizza goes so well with cheesy movies and an ice cold Bass Ale.

Silenus, I wouldn’t mind the independents around here at all, they’d probably be cheaper. But the only one that delivers sucks too. :smack: Ah, well. From now, I’ll just have to go pick the damn thing up.

20 minutes?! Around here I’m lucky if I can get a pizza delivered in less than 40 minutes. :frowning:

(But it’s still worth not having to make a pizza from scratch, or do any cooking whatsoever. :D)

I like PIZZA!

Did you bring me a monkey, Steve?

sigh…I love threads with NCB in them. :smiley: They’re like Noel Coward…with hockey!

Yeah, Liberal, I can make pizza. Great recipe for crust even. But I was being LAZY. :stuck_out_tongue:

People who put hamburger on pizza don’t deserve good pizza anyway. :wink:

Actually, that was “drown the Hamburglar.”

She’s talkling MURDER! Murder, I tell you!

Maureen, since you know Niles, you must be in or near Fremont. Try Vito’s in Newark (on Stevenson a couple blocks west of 880). It’s in a strip mall near a Food 4 Less or a Food Maxx (can’t remember which - I moved away a couple of years ago.)

Consider it a budgeting blessing. Round Table is the most expensive pizza place in the area anyway and their stuff isn’t even that good! I always prefered Pizza Hut myself, but I haven’t ordered pizza in a loooong time, so they could’ve very well have gone to shit also.

Hook yourself up with some Papa Murphys or something. Their pizza’s look stacked, for about a quarter to half the price of Round Table to boot.

FTR, Pizza Hut is definately shit, I’d eat Dominos before I even considered Pizza Hut. Btw, Maureen on the off chance that you’re north of Niles, there’s two Mountain Mikes in San Leandro and I think one in Hayward.

I’M NOT GAY!