Fun creative writing game

Well, not really a game as such but still fun if you’re of a creative bent.

I’m inspired by this website:

http://www.the-phone-book.com

Which features the shortest of short fiction. Stories there come mainly in three categories. The first is short short fiction, which are stories measuring no more than 150 words. The second is mini fiction which are stories measuring no more than 50 words and the third is micro fiction which are stories measuring no more than 150 characters. The shortest story on there is a mere three words long and reads:

Splat!

Sorry, Tinkerbelle.

Since I found this site I’ve been getting kinda obsessed with writing the shortest story possible. My shortest story to date is 49 characters long including the title. How short can you make yours?

I can make it three characters:

I am.

Hm, is that a story or a philosophical statement? :slight_smile:

The Explosion
There was an explosion and everyone died.

Genius, isn’t it?

A favorite of mine is Kafka’s “A Little Fable”:
“Alas,” said the mouse, “the world is growing smaller every day. At the beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner stands the trap that I must run into.”

“You only need to change your direction,” said the cat, and ate it up.

Me too.

Why?

Dark, stormy nights, maids screaming, doors slamming – the butler did it.

Autobiography.

Born, lived, died.

Me
There ya go… shortest ever!!!

I

Beat you, SanguineSpider!

Yes… yes, you did. I am not worthy.

Ah, but as long as we’re being avant garde (sp?), I can do an incredibly “modern” short story. It’s called, “Untitled 1”

Isn’t it great?

I beat me. Then put a period to my existence.

The end?

SHIT!!!
that’s my contribution.

Here’s the exciting sequel to I am.

I was.

And if you have a particularly long attention span, you might be able to sit through the prequel, I will be.