Fun things to throw

Sing a song of sixpence
A stocking full of lard

(you know the tune)

Momma from the train.

The (third) best part of my job is throwing glass/mirrors into the truck and hearing them smash. TVs are good, too.

Hatchets and axes.

Um. Stones.

Not in MY house!
I just Windexed the walls.

Well, I live in a glass house myself, but that’s never stopped me.

Caber.

cf throw / back out

10-4! I have seen the caber toss at the Highland Games. I’m amazed if the back is the only thing “thrown out.” It’s like a telephone pole.

Good one.

Witty one liners
Come hither looks
cares to the wind
flutter balls for the cat
those little firework popper things, you know, little white paper wads that bang!
a wedding bouquet
birdseed/gaily tied bundles of rice at a wedding
the bride’s garter
darts

Yeah. What are those things called? Talk about repressed memories. Those and cheapo firecrackers were about it for “fireworks” when I was a kid. M-80’s and cherry bombs came in my teens. Flushing a lit M-80 down the school toilet was a clever stunt at our school. That and stuffing a full roll of toilet paper down the john and flushing away until the bathroom flooded was also a hoot.

“Vandalism” hadn’t been invented yet, and this was just “kids will be kids” stuff. I swear.

I think those are called “poppers.”

Throw water balloons.
Throw another log on the fire.
Throw up.

Pomegranate seeds (in a room with white walls)

Up = the winner!

Snowballs.
Spitballs.
Superballs.
Popcorn kernels, especially at a cat who can catch them in midair.
Burnt-out light bulbs.
Unplayable 78 rpm records.

(Thanks!)

Wow. You’ve reminded me of some fun I had as a “grown up” (I was out of college anyway). I had a job in a radio station located on the 13th floor of an office building. We had all these 45’s that had been donated by studios wanting the station to plug their music, something the station had no intention of doing.

Behind the building, the direction one set of windows faced, was a huge vacant lot. These windows would slide open leaving plenty of room to get good tosses. A buddy and I must have thrown 100 of those records out the window and went for distance. It was windy and we were able to get a few into the next block, easily 300 feet away.

Another time we threw water bombs out another window.

And yet again we tossed out a whole handful of fliers one of the guys had printed up to support his campaign for public office. He lost.

What are some fun times you’ve had with throwing things?

Rocks at mailboxes?

Awesome! But 78s are better. They’re about the size and heft of Frisbees, and they shatter on impact.

All I have of 78’s is a 6-record set of Peter and the Wolf that I’ve had since the late 40’s. I could play them if I needed to, so I’ll save them.

Back in the Commodore BBS days, it got to be a running gag that anybody who went to a used record shop for a Dave Brubeck album would wind up with one that looked like it had been used to sand furniture. Serious scratches.

We decided to have a picnic so everybody could see what the other BBSers looked like (forerunner of the Dopefest concept) and one of the guys brought a Brubeck record. We did all manner of damage to it, including putting in under a back wheel and “scratching off” on it. After humiliating it as much as possible we soaked it in lighter fluid, lit it and tossed it in the creek where it had a Viking funeral as far as we could see it floating away. Good times!

Eggs?

About as far as we can throw it.
So, someone could throw …
Pies.
The baby and the bathwater.
Caution to the wind.
The towel.
Your lot.