Funniest Pinky & the Brain moment

In the grand tradition of Warner Bros. cartoons that kids aren’t qualified to watch, Pinky & the Brain stands near the top of the pile. What’s your favorite moment from their show?

Mine would have to be when Brain decided to take over the world by becoming a country music star. He calculated the exact qualities neccessary for success among the Nashville set. They included:

1. A cowboy hat (“check”)
  2. A southern dialect (“check… y’all”)
  3. Working class values (“I enjoy beef jerky, and the comedy stylings of Gallagher”)
  4. A cowboy hat (“check”)
  5. A song (“check”)
  6. A name consisting of not less than three words (“From now on I shall be called Bubba Bo Bob Brain.”)
  7. A height of at least six feet (“che… drat!”

“A Pinky and the Brain Christmas” does it for me. Start to finish, one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Remember when they were in the reindeer harness with sticks on their heads?

Brain: “Charlie Sheen, Ben Vereen, shrink to the size of a --”
Dragon burns magic wand to a crisp
Pinky: What do we do now, Brain?
Brain: We should flee in terror. Yes, that would be the wisest course.

“This is a pain that will linger…”

I liked it when the Brain went to a meeting of “Megalomaniacs Anonymous” and was seated between very obvious cariacatures of Muammar Khadafi(sp?) and Steven Spielberg.

A question added, are tapes of “Pinky and the Brain” for sale? Our cable company doesn’t run it anymore and I never recorded any of them. Narf!

From the Christmas special: “Look, a diversion!” And then they sneak away.

<P&TB are lost in the Central American rain forest>
PINKY: “I have two words for you, Brain–‘Hakuna Matata.’”
BRAIN: “If I killed you now, Pinky, no one would ever know.”
PINKY: “Er, I would know, Brian.”
BRAIN: “That’s debatable, Pinky.”

Um, I think so Brain, but burlap chafes me so.

…but how will we get the pants on the monkey?

But the ultimate is the Pavlov conditioning:

-DING-

I’m a little teapot short and stout…

Remember the one where The Brain is doing a voice over for a commercial? I didn’t know (did you?) that the dialoge was taken verbatim from an outtake of Orson Wells doing a voice over for a commercial.

I’m with Grok on this one, but the highlight for me was the song itself. I’ve memorized the words, and uploaded it to the computer. I’ve even burned it onto CD. Just the words:

I am a lab mouse, I escaped from my cage
Never had a job, never earned minimum wage
But you will respect me, YES, once my plan is unfurled
You’ll call me your leader, I’ll be king of the world

And then after his mind control bit when they all repeat: “Let’s buy his record, and listen to it 20 times a day”

I still laugh hysterically every time I see it! And Brain’s name! Billy Bo Bob Brain! Hee Hee Hee!!!

Gonna listen to it right now!

P&B’s spinoff is on Nickelodeon now. Animaniacs is supposed to join them there sometime this year.

“The Helpinki Formula” is my favorite segment. Talk about unpredictable!

“Pinky, are you pondering what I’m pondering?”
“I think so, Brain. But if we didn’t have any tails we’d look like weasles.”

Of course, any of the “Are you pondering what I’m pondering” jokes are jilarious, but that’s my fav.

One:
Pinky is somehow telekinetically causing fruit to float around in the air when Brain walks in. The fruit returns to the bowl…
Brain: Pinky, how did you do that?
Pinky: (oblivious, as usual) Oh, I dunno. It comes and goes…

Two:
Brain is explaining another of his great plans and Pinky responds comically as usual…
Pinky: (Excitedly) They’ll have fits when they hear about this!
Brain: (annoyed) WHO will have fits, Pinky?
Pinky: I dunno…people who have fits?

Side note: I have a matched set of stuffed Pinky and the Brain over two feet tall as part of the decor of my living room. My roommate was out and about one day and saw them, and immediately thinking of me, he bought them. :slight_smile: Awesome roomy, huh?

“Pinky… are you pondering what I’m pondering?”

“I think so Brain… but me and Pippi Longstockings? I mean, what would the children look like?”

*Unrelated, really, but does anyone remember the Tiny Toons episode where they did the silly little song that goes “Buster Buster Bo Buster, Banana nana Fo Fuster…” and at the end of the show, the disclaimer was: “Character not used in above song: Plucky” ?

I thought that the episode parodying “Winnie the Pooh” was classic. Instead of Tigger they had the Jagger (a familiar looking tiger with a British accent and big lips) and instead of Eeyore they had Algore (he was so full of hot air, he floated).

I could watch each episode over and over and catch something new each time.

Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I’m pondering?

Pinky: Urrr I think so Brain, but…if Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares…why does he keep doing it?

Fenris

A whole list of Pinky’s answers to AYPWIP. A true classic cartoon!! http://snowball.frogspace.net/labnotes/aypwip.html

Pinky: “What are we going to do tomorrow night, Brain?”

Brain: “The same thing we do every night, Pinky: try to take over Fernobulack!”

I like the one with time travel. A real sendup of the genre, all the classic cliches from Bill & Ted 1&2

“Pinky, what rhymes with noon?”
“No, it doesn’t, Brain!”