fushj00mang is an Asshole

I believe Fush is 21. And I didn’t act like that when I was 21.

Somehow it just seems inevitable that people like this end up as cops, rather than ballet dancers.

I suspect that this personality type has always been around, and always doing the same job. Seems that in protecting the rest of us from neanderthals, one becomes neanderthalish.

Neanderthalish. Say it once with me: “neanderthalish”. Has a certain ring to it, wouldn’t you say?

Neanderthalish.

Um, no we weren’t. (Or “aren’t”, in my case.)

Don’t take this personally, but I’m rather tired of hearing about how teens and those in their early twenties think they’re invincible and superior. There are probably those who fit that stereotype, but I’ve yet to meet them.

I was in the Air Force when I was 20 something, with lots of OTHER 20 somethings, I don’t remember any of us behaving that way.

Sure young people are convinced they “know everything” but in my experience, most of them still manage to act in a halfway polite and respectful manner while doing so.

Most don’t add extreme assholishness into the mix. Which brings up a question for fush.

Fush. Even supposing there ARE some things about which you may be very well educated and may possibly know more than than the next guy. How do you propose to impart this information if you insist upon doing it in such a way that you alienate any potential listeners and your message(s) go unheard?

Or as Dr. Phil would say “how’s that workin for ya”?

And I’ve yet to be them.

IRONY, ok? Or sarcasm, even! Sheesh, people.

Don’t you mean
IRONY!

I don’t believe that fushj00 made the comments he said he did in the “I’m superman!” thread. Even if so…

I find him mildly entertaining. Yeah, he’s a ridiculous, full-of-shit asshole, but he’s a ridiculous, full-of-shit asshole who can, once and awhile, slap you in the head and tell you to loosen the fuck up.

Ryle Dup,
Everyone’s made up their mind as to the quality of their charachter. And, for the most part, they’re right (I can see how folks would consider me an asshole. Its often what I aim for when dealing with others.) The only one I’d react to is being called a racist. That, mis amigo, is one thing that I can say with utter certanty that I am not.

CanvasShoes,

I appreciate the concern as to my potentially alienating my ‘audience.’ But frankly, I don’t have one. I’m not here to spread a message or to do anything but what pleases myself. If my opinions come across as crass and uncaring, well, then it is well within your right to go against them. Discourse, you know? Anyway, I guess this thread makes me an official Pit dweller. Thanks!

Oh, you are oh so welcome!

:rolleyes:

First, why would you aim for such a goal?; and second, trolling is frowned upon around here.

Esprix

Yeah, that’s pretty much an admission of the ulitmate violation of the rules.

Is that anything to take pride in?

Well, Fush, you are in the military and if I do say so that carries a certain uh, mentality with it. See, my late grandfather was in the service, and if I believe half of the things my mother told me about him, he wasn’t exactly the nicest guy. (She’s no model parent either.) So maybe being an asshole is part of your way of identifying with the soldier archetype. If that’s you, good - celebrate diversity - but it won’t always give you the best social standing.

Gosh I hope you don’t ever have kids. I know I never will.

Now I’m insulted (j/k.) Seriously, because I espouse divergent opinions in a way that is classified as ‘asshole,’ it suddenly makes me a troll? To the best of my knowledge, trolling involves intentionally starting flame wars and walking away, doing things to up your post count, ‘drive by’ posting, and other obnoxious behavior. Also to the best of my knowedge, I’ve stood knee deep in every ‘can of shit’ I’ve opened to date. If I ever do start trolling, though, I’d appreciate it if you called me on it.

C’mon now, my grand-daddy was in the military, and he was one of the nicest fellows you could ever meet. Never had a bad word to say about anyone.

If you’re doing it on purpose, yeah, you’re definitely dancing on that line, at least if past actions on behalf of the Moderators is any indication.

I’m not the one you need to worry about - it would be the Moderators calling you on it when you would need to start worrying.

Esprix

Careful here: isn’t this what eventually did in Zenster?

And mods, please don’t accuse me of junior modding again, 'kay? I’m just trying to save Esprix some unneeded grief.

I did not know that.

I guess we acquire prejudices based on people we know and those we know of, and when somebody else comes along who happens to have that one thing in common, it reinforces the belief.

Am I saying anything that’s not true, telling anyone what to do, or giving myself stature that I do not have?

Esprix