Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow

The Futurama game has gone live on Google Playat least. I thought I’d start a separate thread so we don’t hijack the Simpsons - Tapped Out thread too much.

I’ll probably be slow getting into it. It doesn’t look like I can continue from my unauthorized beta progress, so I’m less eager to start from the beginning. I will eventually though.

I hope it’s better than Game of Drones. I’m starting to get seriously bored with that game.

Bleah. Android only.

No, it just got released a day early for Android. It’ll be out for iOS tomorrow

Sweet! Thanks, cochrane! That info wasn’t at the OP’s link!

It’s a world building game like Simpsons: Tapped Out or Family Guy: Quest for Stuff.

Unfortunately, it’s by the makers of the Family Guy one, so the mechanics of progressing are very similar. Hopefully, it’s less frustrating than Family Guy which I quit after a few months. The beta was actually better, mostly because of lack of timed events that cost money to actually finish.

It seems really slow-going even compared to those two games. I’m only level 3 yet and I’m already up to multiple 4-hour tasks to complete a mission, so that’s slowed progress down to a crawl.

…and then they introduce the ‘rare’ and ‘epic’ drop rates.

I gave it a try last night and I really had a hard time getting into it. I like the animation but the gameplay really didn’t grab me. And I’m my own grandfather so I should be the target audience.

Last I checked it wasn’t available for the Kindle yet which is what I play my games on. I got the nice sexy 10" one. Nice and big screen and makes everything easy to see.

I don’t like playing on the phone.

This weekend they had a mini event and it looks like it will be impossible to finish without spending money. Exactly what I was worried about. It’s the family guy game all over again.

Yeah, I can’t see any other way to pull it off either. Pretty damn uninspired questline, too.

Like Mr. Gladiator, I gave it the good old college try, but after 30 minutes I deleted it. I like Simpsons Tapped Out and Animation Throwdown; this just seemed…boring.

Well I doloaded it to the phone to see how it is. I hated this about FG and and Fu is already doing it.

It is so much like FG that I am already not liking it. I’ll give it a couple of days to but I’m feeling like I’ll probably quit after that.

Too bad TinyCo has to be such dicks.

Yeah, it’s too hard to make any real progress in the game without spending real money, which I am not going to do.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Twice last night and once this morning I hear a ding on my phone letting me know I got a notification and I was like, “Ooh, a notification. I ever wonder what that might be.” So I go and check and it’s Futurama, as Lrrr, asking/telling me to come back to the game.

After I saw the one this morning I deleted the game.

Ok, I wrote down the one from this morning that came in at 5:46 fucking AM.

It says:

Fuck you TinyCo for making my phone threaten me and for notifying me at 5:46 in the fucking morning. If I didn’t have to get up at 5:30 and used my phone as an alarm I’d be really pissed.

I use one of those Ye-Olde Alarmo-Clock stand alone devices and not my phone for my morning alarm.

I haven’t explored the settings but I’m sure there’s an option to shut off push notifications. And your phone most likely has an option you can set to block notifications during certain hours. I think pretty much every phone game I’ve played in the last 2 years has automatically push notified me unless I shut it off.

Yeah, it’s an ‘apps’ setting on most devices. To be fair, Simpsons Tapped Out is/was even worse until you shut it off. Homer would loudly yell woohoo or some phrase. Some people found this out in the middle of a work meeting. :slight_smile:

Well, it’s all moo now as I have already deleted the game.