FYI: new Dave Barry book out

Public service announcement, for those of you who like Dave, but weren’t paying attention to his career. (I myself only found out about the book by skimming the NYT best-seller list).

It’s called I’ll Mature When I’m Dead, and it’s a collection of nineteen never-before published pieces (and one published one). It’s got weddings, tips for new dog owners and new fathers, a comparison between Judaism and Christianity (one has frogs, one has figgy pudding), and a four-chapter Twilight parody. Get it.

ETA: Okay, not sure about the number of chapters. Eh, math isn’t my thing.

This is much appreciated!

Squee!! happy dance

Off to Amazon! Thanks for the tip! I’ve had a major fangirl crush on Dave Barry since I read his first column in high school, which was, uh … more than three years ago.

It’s a pretty good book. If you’re a Barry fan, his parody of *Twilight *is worth the price of admission all by itself. :slight_smile:

There are some excepts on his Miami Herald page: http://www.miamiherald.com/dave_barry/

It’s good stuff - I got it a few weeks ago.

No one is better at describing a vasectomy than Mr. Barry!

Or the thought processes of an evil toilet.

Thank you for posting this,Malleus, Incus, Stapes!. I’ve been trying to figure out what my dad would like for Father’s Day and now you’re my hero!

This is great news - thanks for the heads up!
I had some extra credits on my Audible account and I was pleased to find this at the top of Dave Barry’s list - I can be listening to it in just a few minutes!
:smiley: