Game Identification Help

This was a text-based RPG that I played in the late 80s, early 90s. I dont remember the title, but I have some vague memories of the game content.

I think it was set in England in a large old house with lots of rooms. There was a hedgehog or porcupine involved somehow.

It may have been an Infocom title, but I’m not sure about that. It’s been a few years since I last searched for it and it may be easily findable, but I’m asking for your help. This was almost as fun as Zork for me, and I’d like to revisit it.

The Mulldoon Legacy? That does not quite match your dates, though.

I don’t think that’s it, but it looks fun. There was a mention of Curses in one of the descriptions, and that sounds closer. But I’m unsure when that was released. The last time i played the game that I’m looking for had to be maybe 1994, 1995 on a beat up 386 PC.

I have an old boxed set of “Lost Treasures of Infocom” with something like 20 of their old text based adventures. I’ll check it out when I get home tonight (if the question is still unanswered) and see if anything looks like it fits.

I found this via google:

It’s obviously not at all what you’re referring to, and it’s not even a playable thing, but I found it amusing.

Totally forgot about this until I saw another thread where the OP was asking about “Zork”, and went to go dig up my “Lost Treasures of Infocom”. There were a few detective/murder mystery games… “Deadline”, “Witness”, and “Suspect”. But the one that sounds most like what you’re describing is called “Moonmist”. You are an American detective summoned by a friend to England to help solve a mystery. The game takes place at Tresyllian Castle. I didn’t see anything in the game notes about a hedgehog, but there is a hedge maze.

I’m going to have to grab that from archive. I don’t remember ghosts or hauntings, but the title sounds familiar.