Game of Thrones 3.09 "The Rains of Castamere" 6/2/13 No book spoilers

I saw what you did there. :smiley:

(But I didn’t want to risk spoiling anything earlier.)

My question I am wracking my brain for an answer too is did Frey do this for the slight or is he throwing his lot in with the Lannisters? I just don’t see the Lannisters being willing cohorts with them for long, Lannisters are sneaky double crossing snakes of course, but they are “above” that … If that makes sense?

I don’t see what option Frey would have now other than continuing to cooperate with the Lannisters.

Oh I agree, but did he do it for them or for the slight? I know it seems minor but to me it isn’t minor. Trying to explain is tricky, but if he did it for the slight I don’t see the Lannisters being especially beholden to his deed (not that they don’t appreciate the outcome it just seems to me that they are “above” that sort of thing they are old money with standards albeit they don’t follow them they just pay the lip service… I know confusing lol) or if he did it at the request of the Lannisters which would seem less petty but still…

I did hear Roose say about the Lannisters so I know what he was doing it for… prick :stuck_out_tongue:

If Sansa is the oldest Stark, and she’s Tyrion’s bride, does that mean that the Lannisters now have a legitimate claim to Winterfell? Or does inheritance fall to younger males in favor of older females in GoT land?

It goes to Bran and then Rickon, but everyone assumes they are dead. Bran just told Rickon he would be the heir to winterfell if Bran died.

I don’t think we have a definitive answer, but I believe it’s like male-preference primogeniture in which all brothers are ahead of all sisters.

We do have a definitive answer, Bran just said so.

A little bit from column A, a little bit from column B. Actually, a lot from column A and a lot from column B. This also seems to mean that the Lannisters have no real competition until Dany shows up with her babies. (Sorry, I have a hard time taking Stannis seriously, shadow babies or no.)

What does this mean now?
Is the war over?

Stannis and Balon Greyjoy are still in rebellion.

The war with the Starks would certainly seem to be, at least until Arya grows up and stops being hostage to everyone. Stannis is still out there, and the Greyjoys are being pirates and raiders, but my impression is that they’re a minor House and don’t have the men/treasure needed to mount a real challenge for the Iron Throne. It’ll be a mopping up operation.

My take on it is he did it mostly for revenge. He’s politically astute enough to play it for whatever advantage he can, but the motivation was personal. That said, Roose, and by implication, the Lannisters were in on it. Roose wore his armor to the feast, which he would not have done unless he knew what was up.

You’ve no idea how hard it has been for many of us to sit on that one for three seasons now.

(And just wait until they find out that Spock kills Dumbledore.)

You know, by Dothraki standards that was an awesome wedding.

I have to be very careful about which thread I’m posting in. Haven’t read the books, but I do read spoilers. I knew what was coming tonight, but it wasn’t “real” until I saw it happen onscreen, if that makes any sense.

I think the major give away that he was in on it was when he slit Cat’s throat.

Holy fuck! :eek:

Or when he stabbed Robb and gave him the Lannister’s regards.

He’d already killed Robb with the “Regards from the Lannisters” bit when he did that, but the reveal was when Cat pulled up his sleeve to show the armor.