Games are to blame for mass shooters, not social welfare or gun regulation.

I think it might be the computer mouse, not games. The finger used to click the mouse button is also used to pull a trigger - coincidence, I think not…

Ban laser sights. That video was terrifying.

I think we should all go back to playing Techmo Bowl. No one ever got killed over Techmo Bowl.

Pardon my cynicism, but after GamerGate, nothing surprises me.

So we have a guy getting angry, over a game.

He gets hold of a gun and kills people he’s angry in the general direction of.

Clearly the correct approach here is to ban everything and anything that people can get angry over.

Congratulations. You realized he means the opposite of what he said. Too bad you seem to have forgotten the difference between trolling and sarcasm.

I’ll be sure to “forget” the next time your post drips with sarcasm, too.

According to many old westerns, isn’t that how poker is supposed to be played?

Now I gruesomely foresee that some will seek to find what was the equivalent to the “dead man’s hand”, as in what play was the one being made in Madden Football at the time of the incident.

Starsky and Hutch was probably the pandora’s box that got all this shooter stuff going anyway.

Also, title is a bit clickbaity

Title: Games are to blame for mass shooters, not social welfare or gun regulation
Body: …is what crazy people are bound to say

TV violence back in the '70s was a serious problem, also correlated with mass shootings back then.

If we start the ban with guns first, I’m on board. And they definitely make me angry. :mad:

Was it? And, was it?

Excellent idea! Now Trump really posses me off, so let’s start there.

He is, and doesn’t have that much to do with the game except give his blessing and collect his royalties. When I was commuting he had a spot on the Bay Area news station every morning.

But football is not to blame - only a football game. Real football with real concussions is innocent. Play football where your thumb may get sore is guilty.

If this was anything other than a Madden Football tournament then the OP might not be totally stupid. You think right wingers are going to complain about football violence? And then what? Blame the sugar in apple pies for making kids go crazy?

I’m just mad because the title made this one look like low hanging fruit for a pile-on. Now I’m kinda pissed off. Not super bad, but my irritation is certainly noteworthy.

It will always be “too soon”. And the NRA will keep funneling money to their pet politicians to ensure they keep saying that.

Since the last batch of posts, it seems Jews and people who Trump doesn’t like make people mad.

Remember folks, if you outlaw pipe bombs only outlaws will have pipe bombs.

Didja hear about the kid who bludgeoned his parents to death with a baseball bat? Where do you think he got that idea? From the violence in baseball games, of course! Kids shouldn’t be allowed to play baseball, or they’ll all become killers!