Games You Wish Would Be Made Again

Good lord. I remember Chex Quest. It was great.

That game made me jump sometimes. My first FPS, and you start getting slimed when you aren’t expecting it.

Empire

Aces of the Pacific
Aces Over Europe
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Strike Commander

I’ll second US Navy Fighters

I’m not sure if I love you or hate you. I’ll have to tell you in a few days.

How about Fallout 1 & 2? Focus on tightening up the bugs, expanding the game world, and accommodating even more dialog options and ways to complete quests. Include dynamic interaction models that take into account who you’ve already talked to and what you’ve already done.

No need to improve graphics, if they do what I suggest, I’ll be in geek heaven.

Husker Du? Great for teaching English.

Computer Ambush, just to show you my age.

There’s a reasonable Windows port of an open-source Linux clone called LGeneral. You can download it from this website. The last time I tried it there was a lack of campaigns and scenarios, though.

X-Wing Alliance was okay, but it wasn’t half of what TIE Fighter was. There is an argument to be made that TIE Fighter was the best game ever made for the PC.

Projammer I haven’t gotten the Larry collection yet. My copy of LL2 requires a 5.25" drive. Would you mind copying and posting Eunuchs, Larry’s assembly language program, on the Dope so somebody can finally tell me what it does?

Back To The OP

Beast. This was a game with ascii graphics, simple principles and loads of fun. Even with a cpu slower it won’t run properly on my machine. Updated graphics would be fascinating.

King’s Bounty was remade for the PlayStation 2 as Heroes of Might and Magic: Quest for the Dragonbone Staff .

A few monsters and names have been changed, but the gameplay and map layout are exactly how they were in King’s Bounty!

There’s Dragon’s Lair 3D but I’m not sure if that’s what you’re looking for.

Blood Bowl - I love the board game and even though the abortion that became the computer version was a twisted maze of programming train wreck, I liked it and played it often.

While they’re at it I’d like to see a remake of *Crimson Skies * for Xbox or 360.

You mean like this?

Or would you like the HD version?

Afterlife from LucasArts :frowning:

And Dune II.

Still waiting for an AutoDuel remake using the original universe.

Try Blackbeard, either the 1992 original or the new remake. A PC version had been in the works but the merger with Hasbro killed that.

You’ll probably like the PC game Corsairs even better. That reminds me, I haven’t played mine in at least a couple of years…

I’d like an update/sequel to Sundog; from the Atari ST, I think.

There was a nice sequel; Syndicate Wars for the Playstation. Still, I’d like the series to continue.

Yes !

Lode Runner

This item from Jakks TV Games has both arcade and 2600 versions of Pong and plugs into your TV with no console.

There are dozens of versions of Eliza online, and if you are interested in chatbots, you can check out the latest winners of the annual Loebner Prize, given to those programs that come closest to passing the classic Turing Test.

2006 winner Joan
2005 winner Jabberwack
2004 winner AliceBot

Here’s an online version of (Colossal Cave) Adventure, and there are a number of others.

Quest for Glory.

I would love to see Sim Earth redone for modern graphics. I spent way too many days playing that game, preferring it to Sim City for some reason.

I keep wishing that they’d update Alpha Centauri.