Games You Wish Would Be Made Again

Yes yes yes!!!

One of the coolest games ever. I miss the commodore sometimes.

Oh, also the Shining Force titles, Der Langrisser, and Bahamut Lagoon.

Archon

I have it for the Commodore and the NES. I have Archon Ultra for the pc. I’m not sure how it should be updated except for still better graphics and an updated double player mode (for wifi, direct usb to usb connection etc).

Rock ‘n’ Roll Racing
Uniracers!

Hah. That game is like the bottle to an alcoholic for my brother. He waits until his wife leaves for a few hours then boots up the game for a few hours of sweet, sweet oblivion.

Another vote for M.U.L.E.

Carmageddon!

for the XBox360, please

(I re-activated my account just so I could come in here and say that, that’s how much I want it.)

Chex Quest. That game was the shit.

Best thing I ever found in a box of cereal.

I’d like a proper Populous remake. Populous the Beginning didn’t really satisfy my megolomanical urges. I want to rain fire with impunity from my cosy pad on Mount Olympus, not play as some poxy shamen.

I haven’t even read the rest of the thread yet, but OMG yes! I’ve been trying to think of what the name of this game from my childhood was for YEARS.

Star Control
Dungeon Keeper
Master of Magic
Space Hulk
Mail Order Monsters
Bard’s Tale
Midnight Resistance
Heavy Barrell
X-com

Willy the Worm!

what?

–FCOD

Quoted for truth. The original Ancient Art of War had a manual that was thick as a text book, only more fun to read. Covered Sun Tzu and how he had the emperor’s concubines role-play as soldiers. At one point, the concubines giggled and didn’t follow orders quick enough. Sun-Tzu convined the emperor to execute one of the concubines. The remaining ones shut up and followed orders real snappy after that. :eek:

Sid Meier’s Pirates was another game with a fantastic manual. (Wish they would remake it again.)

You won’t believe the stuff my brain has retained from reading game manuals.

Dang skippy.

Zork
Dungeon Keeper

Both of course died with the promise of more to come.

Err, they did. Sid Meier’s Pirates.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant “Wish they would remake it again.” as in a second remake.

(I played the remake. Fun, but given today’s graphics, I know it can look even better.)

I was actually looking for the Monkey Island CD’s last week.

The Incredible Machine would be great with today’s graphics.

And call me an old perv, but Leisure Suit Larry could be redone too.

The first was remade.

The others have recently been updated to run on current machines and rereleased on the Leisure Suit Larry Collection, available in stores now.

I’ve got the collection. I meant completely redone with fully rendered graphics.

I understood what you meant. But thought you would be interested in the rerelease in case you didn’t already know.

Land Of The Lounge Lizards was remade but graphics have progressed so much, it could stand to be remade again.

Oh yeah, I saw that a few months back. That looks cool. I just hope they actually do it.

Yeah, I discovered that a month or so ago and was quite thrilled to find that there was an open-source port of SC2. I played it through and had a blast. Then I had some fun with the level editor and gave myself tons of weapons and speed early on in the game. That was lots of fun too. :wink: