Games You Wish Would Be Made Again

Yeah, Mega Man: Powered Up. It gives me some hope. :slight_smile:

They had a boss weapon (Charge Kick, of Mega Man 5) that turned your slide into a weapon. And I believe the Shadow Blade of MM3 had limited directionality (among a few others I probably forget.

Ancient Art of War, on the ooooollllld Macs. And, about that simple.

I want a fun game, fantasy or war that doesn’t take up a lot of my hard drive or other resources. Yeah, 3D and super graphics are nice, but they don;t add that much to me.

I’d like to see a new Monkey Island game.

Panzer General. I know men who lost their marriages over that game.

Seconded - except: It’s already here. Now go play!

And I would really like to see something like Powermonger or - as many have already said: Syndicate . That was a goood game.

Commander Keen and Monkey Island would be gravy, followed by a new Xwing/Tie-Fighter.

Oh, Steam has all the old Commander Keen games for download! I might get them to pass the time until Bioshock.

Avalon Hill’s Civilization. I still have it, but I can’t get it to run on XP.

Would it be possible to create a FPS that is fully interactive yet has Disney-level flat cartoon graphics and animation? Sort of like the original Doom and Doom2 only with 10x the resolution of the sprites and 10x the animation rate? True 3D polygonal NPCs are a great achievement, but for some games a “cartoony” look would be better. I’d LOVE to see the old laserdisc arcade game Dragon’s Lair made fully interactive.

You know, I was just thinking about Syndicate the other day and wondering why no one had remade it yet. I’d like to see another X-Com game as well, as long as the stuck to the gameplay of the first two.

I’ll add a few more I would like to see…
Starflight and Starflight 2
Alternate Reality

Oh yeah! I remember playing that on my old PC XT. Was envious of the Mac version that looked magnitudes cooler. An update of the game with improved graphics without messing with anything else, please.

As a counter-example, I never really got into the remake of Cinemaware’s Defender of the Crown. The original was fun enough as it was, even though I hated not being able skip cut screnes. The remake uses a pseudo-3D look that confuses me. The real-time battle system is annoying.

(In all fairness, maybe my system (2.8Ghz Pentium 4 laptop) is too slow. Everything seemed to lag. I couldn’t raid, joust, or catapault anything to save my life.)

I’d settle for getting doomsday to run. :rolleyes:

I’ve never played Ancient Art of War, but I did have (well, Dad bought it) Ancient Art of War at Sea for DOS. And what a manual that was that came with it–history, tactics, famous naval battles, and so on. They don’t make em like that anymore.

Let’s go for the really old stuff: Pong! Eliza! Adventure / Collosal Caverns!

Starflight is the first that comes to mind. Great game that could easily be updated with new graphics…the gameplay was just fantastic and the scope of the ‘universe’ you played in was huge.

Not on computer but a great board game Broadsides and Boarding parties!

Man was that a fun game!

Oh man, that was an awesome game. I remember trying to figure out the best combination of archers, knights, and barbarians. That and Dark Castle and its awesome sequel, Beyond Dark Castle, are the main reasons I miss my Macs.

Another cool game series that I wish would have a real sequel: the Star Control series. Star Control 2 was one of the coolest games ever. They came out with Star Control 3, but it wasn’t as good, and the sequel which was supposed to be more like SC2 was eventually canceled. I wish they’d come out with a decent sequel soon.

Oh, and the Tex Murphy games; I won a free copy of Under a Killing Moon at Comdex back in 1993 or 1994 – it had an astonishing four CDs of content and required 16MB of RAM to view the best graphics, although it would work with 8MB or 4MB if you didn’t mind crappier graphics. I just recently learned that that was the 3rd game in the series, and that they made 5 games total, but I sure wouldn’t mind playing a few more. That was a cool universe.

Oh, and one other old Macintosh game (or utility or whatever you want to call it) that I’ve haven’t been able to find the equivalent to for Windows was Gravity 4.0. You could set up planetary bodies of various sizes, position them various distances from each other, give them each a starting velocity, and watch what happened. I’ve found gravity simulators since then, but nothing that had the same look and feel.

Please, God:
Original MoO (yes, I think that 2 was a slightly improved Civ in space).
Wasteland
Betrayal at Krondor
Darklands

Highly desired:
Bionic Commando
X-com
Jagged Alliance

Would be nice:
Raptor: Call of the Shadows
Dominus
King’s Bounty

I used to enjoy the hell out of Star Raiders on my Atari 400/800, but honestly, I don’t remember enough about the game to know whether it is worthy of upgrading or even if it’s been done before under a different name.

Delta Tao has been working on Return to Dark Castle for a few years. Hopefully it’ll be released before Apple drops computers and becomes a pure consumer gizmos company.

Ur-Quan Masters is a good recreation of SC2.

Try XIII

Try FreeCol

X-Wing/Tie Fighter - Try X-Wing Alliance

asterion Some of the Wing Commander remakes are looking really cool. Well worth a look.

Someone has even taken the cut-scenes from the Wing Commander 3 game and made them into a Movie, Heart of the Tiger.

Monkey Island 5 is a distinct possiblity.