[QUOTE=Noone Special]
He’s a nut-job (almost by definition in my book, but I’m an Organized-Religion-hating militant atheist, so what do I know? :dubious: ). He most certainly cannot represent the Israeli public at large. Only himself and his other Ultra-right-wing Ultra-orthodox nut-job friends (of which we have far too many, but that’s a rant for another day.)
[/quote]
He certainly doesn’t speak for all practicing Jews. I’m proud to know a Conservative rabbi who is active in trying to get the Conservative movement to liberalize its policies on gays.
I think he should say what he did to a group of Holocaust survivors. Preferably armed ones. I don’t think he could have been too much more offensive to people who actually did go through the Holocaust, either.
[QUOTE=Anne Neville]
He certainly doesn’t speak for all practicing Jews. I’m proud to know a Conservative rabbi who is active in trying to get the Conservative movement to liberalize its policies on gays.
[/quote]
I know, hence my remark about “Only himself and his other Ultra-right-wing Ultra-orthodox nut-job friends”.
I believe that some Reform congregations accept and even actively embrace gays and gay couples; and that the Conservative movement, as you noted, is waffling on the whole issue (but decidedly not totally gung-ho anti-gay).
Much as I don’t really like Organized Religion, I can still tell the various groups apart!
Unfortunately, there are people who don’t seem to be able to do that. So it has to be pointed out, when some religious person has a hateful meltdown like this, that he doesn’t speak for all members of his religion.
[QUOTE=matt_mcl]
That’s enough, we should be able to assign squadrons of drag queens to seriously fly places and grab people and FUCKING SLAP THEM.
[/QUOTE]
I would so donate time and money to institute such a program.
[QUOTE=jayjay]
I doubt it. Historically, very few oppressed peoples who obtain power, as the Jews have in Israel, have identified with similarly oppressed but different peoples. The ultra-conservative Jews still hate gays. Conservative African-Americans still hate gays.
[/quote]
And conservative whites hate gays.
I think the common denominator is conservatism, not power per se. Conversatives of any persuasion, regardless of their oppression status, are just not big on social inclusiveness.
[QUOTE=jayjay]
The ultra-conservative Jews still hate gays. Conservative African-Americans still hate gays. Conservative African-Africans still hate gays.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=you with the face]
And conservative whites hate gays.
[/QUOTE]
But during National Brotherhood Week, National Brotherhood Week…
[QUOTE=Eve]
I would so donate time and money to institute such a program.
[/QUOTE]
And we could call it DRESS. Drag Recruits Engaged in Slapping Silly. Though by the time you got them all to agree to a uniform, times to meet (I’ve never met a drag queen who was on time to anything!) and all the other details it could take a LONG time to get it together.
[QUOTE=jayjay]
The ultra-conservative Jews still hate gays. Conservative African-Americans still hate gays. Conservative African-Africans still hate gays.
[/QUOTE]
“Italians hate Yugoslavs; South Africans hate the Dutch. And I don’t like anybody very much.” - T. Lehrer
[QUOTE=yojimbo]
How horrible. I doubt the Jews who initally were locked up for breaking the Nuremberg Laws were returned to jails upon release.
[/QUOTE]
Before someone tears me a new one I’m not suggesting for one second that the Jews should have been sent back to jail BTW.
[QUOTE=Shirley Ujest]
I, for one, welcome our Homosexual Overlords.
Ok, got that over with.
[/quote]
[overlord mode]Wonderful! Now fetch me a latte! [/overlord mode]
Because we hate god and that land is supposed to be sacred. Its all part of the 481 point plan to eradicate faith. At least, thats what the far right types seem to think. And yes, I use the term ‘think’ in that sentence loosely.
[QUOTE=Lightnin’]
I bet the uniforms are FABULOUS.
[/QUOTE]
Does it included studded leather, jackboots and tight pants? An army of queers cannot be outdone by the Nazi military. If you are going to throw a holocaust the least you can do is dress properly.
[QUOTE=GingerOfTheNorth]
Matt, don’t let your head blow up. Hamish would be pissed at the mess.
HATER. Delaware doesn’t exist. You therefore wish to deny the Homosexual homeland.
Which, by the way, would totally be in Northern California.
[/QUOTE]
I thought it was North Dakota that didn’t exist.
How many more states are really a ploy of some kind of Twisted Agenda?
[QUOTE=Shirley Ujest]
I thought it was North Dakota that didn’t exist.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, that parcel of land is more properly known as South Saskatchewan. It feels warmer that way, too.
I don’t know about a Twisted Agenda, but I have long felt that Rhode Island is some kind of bug or rounding error in the system.
[QUOTE=Shirley Ujest]
I didn’t realize the Queers were taking over the Holy Land.
What would be the benny’s to this location over, say, some other spit of land, Delaware?
[/QUOTE]
Same argument as the Zionists used. They have a prior claim to part of it, which is recognized even by conservative Christians, specifically, the area south of the Dead Sea!