Geography and musical preference

I’m collecting some data for a Sociology assignment I’d like some American dopers to please reply to this thread with their state of residence and favorite musical Genre. Thanks much!

Georgia – Classic (60’s/70’s) rock

New York State.

Peruvian patriotic zither music, and ska.

Hang on, the demographic’s just shifted.

Cajun zydeco or anything by Gilbert & Sullivan.

Texas - classical, metal, reggae

Virginia – metal, classic rock

Virginia – rock, rap

Midwest (originally St Louis area, now Omaha and about 3 years in the south).
I’d guess 90% of the bands I listen to you could classify as Classic Rock or punk or metal.
dead0man

TN - Blues, Classic Rock, 70’s Soul

Georgia - religious (contemporary Christian/Catholic).

Second runner up is classical - Beethoven lately.

New York. Rap.

Alabama: early Rock ‘N’ Roll, Blues, Country from the era of Hank Williams and Kitty Wells through Nanci griffith and Old 97’s.

Central Florida - British progressive rock and German avant-garde industrial, intersped with trip-hop and classic classical (y’know, Wagner and Ludwig van Beethoven - recommended by street punks who dress strangely and speak Nadsat everywhere :)). Examples: Einstürzende Neubauten, Portishead, Depeche Mode, the Beatles and Pink Floyd.

Michigan

I like a whole lot of different stuff, bu my favorite is Techno

Illinois - Country music, no specific period or style

I will give my native state, because the state where I currently reside (I moved here recently) has had absolutely no influence on my musical tastes.

California (Los Angeles area), Classical all the way, baby.

Oh, and I suppose I should mention film music - as in film score. (Ennio Morricone, John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, Maurice Jarre, etc.) Since this music usually was only played on the Classical station (the late lamented KFAC) I consider it generally lumped into the “Classical” category.

Alabama: Celtic, bluegrass, jazz/Broadway, alternative rock, classical, classic rock.

AZ- classical, 70’s & 80’s rock

Texas- Hard rock, metal, industrial, German.