George Dubya almost killed

According to United Press International, George W. Bush suffered minor injuries Monday when he dove to avoid an oncoming truck while jogging in Austin. Roscoe Hughey, a state security officer, was also injured when he was hit by flying debris as he followed the governor on a bicycle.

Do you think that this might have been an attempt to assassinate Bush?

No.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

Yes. Don’t forget that George Bush (his father) was once head of the CIA. George Bush (the son, governor and current presidential candidate) is one of the only persons alive that knows the secret behind the Kennedy assassination.

J’ai assez vécu pour voir que différence engendre haine.
Stendhal

…not to mention the third GRY word…

Oh, Arnold, puh-leeeeeze. When are you and Oliver Stone gonna get it?

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

jab1:
Careful…

It was obviously a vast left-wing conspiracy attempt to kill the man who is going to kick the butts of the Democrats in the next Presidential elections.

Either that or horribly bad luck.

Jeffery

Apparently Bush thought that might be what was happening… I was talking to someone who works with someone who was jogging behind Bush. Apparently Bush was injured when he dove off the jogging trail (and into the lake). When he heard the initial crash, Bush thought it was a gun and assumed it was aimed in his general direction, so he dove for cover.

Oops! I meant to make fun of Bush’s injuries… they are what he called “strawberries” - minor scrapes. The security agent was apparently injured more seriously.

Get what?

Stendhal

That no one likes it when you pretend to believe in conspiracy theories.

Oh my god, jab1, you’re one of them.

(hiding now)

Stendhal

LOL

What, he survived? DAMN IT! :frowning:

Seriously though; what do ya’ll think would happen if Dubya died before the elections?

“Oh we were brought up on the Space-Race, now they expect us to clean toilets. When you have seen how big the world is how can you make do with this?”
Pulp, “Glory Days”

I’ll tell you what would have happened.
I’d have become a believer, for one. :slight_smile:

Draft me and I’ll AWOL. Imprison me and I’ll run. Shoot me and I won’t die, just to annoy you.

friend jeffery,

you wrote:

i think the coming election will surprise you. when mr. bucannan left the republican party for the reform party, it is possible that he has taken a large enough voting block with him to disrupt the election. mr. perot split the conserfvative vote and gave mr. clinton his first term. i think it is possible that it can happen again.

“don’t get strung out by the way that i look, don’t judge a book by it’s cover” (tim curry as dr. franknfurter in rhps)

But, longhair, you’re assuming that Buchanan will get the nod in the Reform Party. I don’t think that’s at all a given. And I’m betting that if he doesn’t win the primaries, he will be back in the GOP, supporting their candidate, before you can say, “David told me so.”

Longhair
There are just a few minor differences between Perot and Buchanan that will keep that from happening. Perot is a political outsider, rich but still a relative unknown to the voting public (much moreso in his first go around), and a little kooky but viewed as relatively harmless and therefore likable.
Buchanan is widely viewed as a total nutjob (his newest book for example). His views meander the entire spectrum (pro-union, isolationist, anti-abortion, etc) so he holds particular views that may appeal to both sides of the aisle, but the way he pushes his views make the package appealing to few. Current polling puts him around 5%, pulling 4 from Bush, 1 from Gore. That would still leave Bush as the elected one (which is A-OK with me).

But, I gotta think that in the long run David B is right with his analysis of what will unfold for Buchanan.

Well, shut my mouth. It’s also illegal to put squirrels down your pants for the purposes of gambling.

friend david,

you wrote:

that is also a possibility. i do not know that mr. buchanan will get the nomination. i find it amusing that his competition for the top slot will be mr. ventura and mr. trump.

if mr buchanan does get the reform nomination i think he may draw more votes than you may think. his defection will have a negative effect on the g.o.p.

“don’t get strung out by the way that i look, don’t judge a book by it’s cover” (tim curry as dr. franknfurter in rhps)

Well, he was slayed all right, but not killed. But then again, I thought that reporter from Boston was way out of line.

Wait? Aren’t you talking about Dubya not knowing who the prime minister of India was?