Ghislaine Maxwell convicted

I think it’s more that she’s got only so much money in the world. Once you’re going away for the rest of time, why waste your money fighting cases that won’t affect you?

That Trump knew Epstein is no secret. They ran in the same circles in NYC and lived a couple of miles from each other in Florida. It’s also clear they had a falling out before Epstein’s first court case. I can’t help but think if Trump was involved any further it would have come out before now.

Someone with more knowledge of the case can correct me. It looks to me that being one of the John Does doesn’t necessarily mean they were involved in any wrongdoing. They could be witnesses that she thought helped her case against Maxwell. They could just corroborate times and places without being a participant in trafficking.

Because Trump is well-known for his restraint and his reluctance to do anything shady? Because maybe he’d be afraid of getting caught and having to suffer the consequences of his actions? Or maybe he’s just morally pure like that?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Because the John Does may be prominent but most likely not famous. With the vast number of people digging for dirt if there were anything more involving Trump with this case it would be out. The John Does were kept confidential up until now but were involved in the lawsuit for several years.

Yeah, the queen didn’t invoke royal prerogative to have him imprisoned or executed. I’m perfectly free to shun/disavow/disinherit a family member for their conduct prior to any possible court decision (and even after).

He seemed pretty into Ivanka when she was underage.

Big time.

There are persistent allegations that Trump, when he was the owner of the Miss Teen USA pageant, liked to visit the dressing room while the under-18 contestants were changing.

In the interest of accuracy, it should be noted that while half a dozen women say they remember his visits to the teen dressing room, there are others who do not remember Trump coming in. And there is also a widely circulated misquote of Trump actually bragging about getting to ogle the under-18s because he owned the pageant. He did say something about this during a Howard Stern appearance, but he was talking about the regular Miss USA pageant, and going into the dressing room to “inspect” those women, who were all 18 and over. The version of the story where he boasts about eyeballing half-dressed adolescents is a misleading recontextualization.

So while there is some suggestion that he was willing to indulge himself regarding underage women, it’s not at all conclusive, beyond a general picture of him as a predatory scumbag.

In general, I’d say that the evidence is that Trump is a sex addict who hangs out with sex addicts and who doesn’t care one way or the other what age-target his friends have. For himself, he seems to like a fully developed female body but, likewise, that doesn’t preclude him from sleeping with a 14 year old who is built like a fully developed woman. Particularly when he was younger, and traveling to Russia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, etc. I doubt that he was basing his partners on their birth certificate, just their physical shape and the fully mature shape of the female body can come 4-5 years earlier than 18.

We’ll never know what he has and hasn’t done in his life, but you can’t trust the man in a national security role, based on who he chose to associate with and where he liked to travel.

And of course, he keeps trading in a… ‘wife’ on a newer model.

I sort of doubt it’s about sex, but mostly about his narcissism, planet sized ego and arm candy (excuse that term)

I think Donald Trump is a lot of things, but I don’t think he’s a sex addict or a hedonist.

He’s a power addict that enjoys likes gaining control over women, and he’s a self-aggrandizing asshole that likes to display women, to show everyone that he can do what he wants to her. He likes asserting his bragging rights.

But I’d bet that he’s not even that into the sex act, he just likes to talk big and manipulate women.

His regard for women is really only through the eyes of other men.

Twenty years.

I’m surprised she’s still alive.

I’ll bet she is too.

I put her on my Death Pool list. She’ll be fine until at least January first.

She’s been smart and not given any important names.

She requested to serve her term in the Danbury CT federal facility, \color{orange }{\text {where orange is the new black.}}

Danbury is actually one of the better facilities, so of course she requested it. And if you believe things go down there like the TV show, read the book. It’s much more accurate per an acquaintance who has been there.

I don’t watch the show. Am only vaguely familiar with it.