Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer #2 [spoilers for movie]

Ghostbusters: Afterlife was originally scheduled for a July, 2020 release, and after several delays, it’s now rescheduled for a November, 2021 release. The King’s Man (aka Kingsman 3) was originally scheduled for a November 2019 release, then delayed until February 2020, and after several more delays, it’s now scheduled for a December, 2021 release, more than two years after its original release date. If it actually gets released then.

I think Top Gun: Maverick will beat them all. Originally scheduled for July 12, 2019, it is now scheduled for May 27, 2022. But the original delays for Maverick and King’s Man weren’t due to COVID, so maybe it’s not a fair comparison.

Where can I find The AV Club? I searched “Ghostbusters Afterlife AV Club” on YouTube and didn’t see it.

In days of yore, there used to be movie reviews in non-video form.

And in fact, The AV Club was originally a print supplement to the printed Onion newspaper.

Thanks.

Trailer #3 just dropped a few hours ago:

That trailer makes the movie look like it’s going to be an action/thriller movie but I remember the original two films for their humor more.

It also looks like a mystery, it also looks like a family drama.

Seems like they dipped their toes into a bunch of genres.

November 19, 2021 is getting close now.
I might go see this one at the movies. It will be the first time in a long time.

Me too.

One thing that concerns me is that I hope they explain how everyone just moved on from the ghost occurrences of the previous films. Sure there would be skeptics, but that’s one thing that pissed me off about the second film.

Walter Peck was the hero of the first film! Prove me wrong! (And I liked them in the order of 1-Reboot-2.) Cautiously optimistic about the new one.

Even if we accept that the Ghostbusters were breaking the law and that their containment unit was dangerous, etc he still went about it in the stupidest way possible. If I’m running an unlicensed zoo in my backyard, the answer isn’t for a guy from Fish & Wildlife to come and release all my tigers into the neighborhood.

Oh, I don’t dispute he was a Class-1 jerk about it. But he was right to want to check out the mysterious machine these “Ghostbusters” are refusing to show him. I’ve just finished the Ghostbusters episode of a podcast called “The Villain Was Right” so blame them. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But he wasn’t just “a jerk”, he was criminally negligent and caused massive destruction to the city and potentially a world-ending event because he decided to ignorantly manhandle a piece of equipment he knew was extremely dangerous. If someone has a bomb in their basement, the answer is get a professional explosives team out there, not to say “You can’t have this!” and hit it with a crowbar. Peck is one of those bad guys where he “sorta has a point” but went about it so stupidly that his intent doesn’t come close to redemption.

Final trailer:

Though I feel as if I’ve already seen the movie, this trailer doesn’t spoil anything that I didn’t already know. But, potential spoilers.

Anyone see this yet? I haven’t, but I’m going to next Friday.

I saw it yesterday. I liked it somewhat. Not as much as the original but it was enough fun for a Saturday afternoon.

Watched it just now. It wasn’t horrible, but it didn’t have much humor, and I would have preferred it to be more original.

In the third movie, couldn’t they have had a new challenge instead of blowing up the Death Star again?

I also thought the plot had holes in the characters’ characters.

Why would Egon run off with much of the GB’s equipment without a word? Why would he not be believed when he contacted tyem
Hyears later? Those guys went through some weird shit together. It seems to me like Egon would have explained his ideas to them at great lenght, and tgey would have believed him.

When Janine answers the door, sees a cop, and asks, in a wearied voice, “Picking up or dropping off?” I just laugh like hell. There is so, so much recent off screen lunacy in that line.

Anyway, “Afterlife” was a terrific, terrific movie… for an hour, and then really went south for the next hour. falling right on its own dick in the last ten minutes. It felt like it was a different movie, written by a far less competent person than the first hour. The kid who played Phoebe was frigging amazing though.