Hey, all you Gilligan lovers, what is your all-time favorite episode? To come to my own answer, I picked my top 5, then narrowed it down to one. My list, in no particular order:
- Goodbye Old Paint – Dubov the painter visits the island.
- Don’t Bug The Mosquitoes – “Beatles” clones visit the island, the girls form a musical group, The Honeybees.
- The Invasion – A briefcase with Top Secret documents washes ashore, Gilligan handcuffs it to his wrist, and has an elaborate secret-agent dream involving everyone.
- The Friendly Physician – The castaways accompany a mad scientist to his lab, where there personalities are swapped by a machine. Only time the castaways left the island.
- So Sorry, My Island Now – A Japanese sailor in a one-man sub believes the war is still on. He captures the castaways, and Gilligan rescues them.
The winner? Don’t Bug The Mosquitos. I absolutely loved the girls in their musical part, and the names of the Mosquitos (Bingo, Bango, Bongo, and Irving) just kill me.