Giraffe neck tie

If you’re holding out that horse as an example of good fashion, I don’t know what to say to you. Capri pants with mismatched lengths? Baggy fit through the thighs? What appears to be an overly bulky Full Windsor knot? Single Michael Jacksonesque glove?

For some reason the first thing to come to mind was a saxophone, but I have no idea how a giraffe could actually play one. :smiley:

At the start of the day, top of the neck. After a grueling workday, loosened around the bottom of the neck.

I don’t think the question can be answered until I know how giraffe shirts are styled.

That is one of the finest horse suits I have ever seen. I believe that is a perfect example of horse tailoring, your average attempt leaves the horse unable to move without disturbing the lines. If you have better examples please link to them. I don’t have a horse but if I did have one and needed him to accompany me to a formal event I’d want to make sure he was properly dressed.

Necktie at the bottom. If he goes on vacation somewhere cold and needs a scarf, that would go at the top. (Although it should then wrap all the way around the neck.)

And what about an okapi? Okapi - Wikipedia

I’m struggling with an intellectual paradox: I firmly believe a giraffe should wear a bow tie at the top, yet a regular tie should be worn at the base.

Where should a lady giraffe wear her necklace?

Wouldn’t a necklace naturally slide to the base of the neck? (Unless it was too tight.)

So many wrong people in this thread!

Sure humans wear their ties at the bottom of their necks, but on a giraffe that just looks silly.

Formal event?
A horse in a penguin suit?
Would the tails of an equine tailcoat be long enough to cover the horse’s tail?

However we might debate about how one would wear a tie, I’m sure we can all agree that the proper hat for a giraffe is a bowler.

Pork pie

Not a stovepipe?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There’s one doper who should be an expert on this subject.

Same here, but when he would go into one of those long, loud notes, and lean back for emphasis, that sax would go up. And up. And UP–it would look real cool.

A tie at the top would dunk whenever mr. giraffe drank. Also, it looks (more) ludicrous.

As for ms. giraffe, the accoutrement of choice would be a choker and thus worn at the middle. Duh.

Well, if humans suddenly developed four feet necks, does anybody believe the ties would move up? Thought not.

I mean, how would you even tailor the shirts? With a sort of necksleeve and buttons running up it?

No. In case of sudden mass human neck lengtening, shirts would stay the way they are, and ties would stay where they are.

Consequently, the natural place for a tie is at the bottom of the neck—after all, its function is to cover the buttons.

Napkins strike me as a bit tone-y for a giraffe. Which is not correct. Tone-y is what you expect from tigers, not giraffes…

So you say. I say “Balderdash!”

I voted bottom, but I think the illustration in the link has the bottom tie too low, almost as if it’s been loosened and is hanging down. I would have drawn it with the knot higher up in front.