Give me your crazy movie theories

Well they couldn’t have deleted ALL memory, because there are cars that think they are famous people, like Bob Costas. I like the idea that a dead Bob Costas is that cars brain.

Not really a movie, but I’m pretty sure Kate Winslet is actually in love with me.

But not when the book came out years before, where it was specifically mentioned (and proven false*).

The movie doesn’t have to follow the book, but the trope of a robot believing he’s real had been a part of science fiction for years before the movie: Bary Longyear’s Science Fiction Writer’s Workshop I: A Guide to Fiction Mechanics, published two years before the movie, called the idea a cliche best to be avoided.

*I always thought Dick missed a chance here.

I like that idea. It’s genius dude.

When the idea was first broached, I shoved it into the realm of “Fan disbelief”. I don’t care if it’s true or not. I think it’s dumb and I won’t acknowledge it.

But now I kind of like the idea. So the real question is, at the end does Deckard KNOW he’s a replicant? We can out together the clues, but does he?

Speaking of James Bond … this isn’t my idea, obviously, and I’m pretty sure it’s been mentioned here elsewhere, but …

… the character of Mason in The Rock is actually James Bond, as in Sean Connery’s Bond. Imprisoned by the States for whatever reason and completely disavowed by the British government – as you do when an agent goes rogue.

Neo never left the Matrix.

Morpheus, Trinity, Zion, it’s all a “rat maze” to get The One to re-enter the Source (or whatever the techy mumbo-jumbo stuff was).

When Neo finally gets to The Architect, and is given his Choice (“door-to-the-left/door-to-the-right”), it didn’t matter which way he went; it all led to the Source.

On a similar note, I like a theory posted posited by someone that Jules from Pulp Fiction was actually Nick Fury undercover to get ahold of the Tesseract, which was the glowing thing in the box that is never actually shown. His goal was to get ahold of it and then just disappear back to SHEILD wish is why he told Vincent that story at the end about how he was going to get out of the game.

Another one from Cracked.

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off takes place almost entirely in Cameron’s head. There is no Ferris Bueller. He is a fantasy made up by Cameron. Basically Ferris is what a lonely introverted depressed teen might think popular people are like: Doors open for them, everyone loves them, or at least thinks about them a lot, and they coast through life without too much effort. Cameron did skip scholl that day, but did nothing more but lie around and fantasize. Sloan probably does exist, but she’s just some girl Cameron dreams about but has said less than six words too.

Thank you!

Only partly related to movies but, I know “The Green Mile”…the term itself…is a metaphor for life. (You walk a ‘green mile’ before you die)

But I wonder if “The Long Walk” is also the same. A long walk where you try and outlive your friends.

The phrase “The Green Mile” was coined by Stephen King for book. It has no other meaning other than that the floor in the prison was painted green.

From the book:

“We each owe a death — there are no exceptions. But, oh God, sometimes the Green Mile seems so long.”

“I think about all of us. Walking our own Green Mile, each in our own time.”

I’ve always been partial to the idea that the events in Cabin in the Woods is the real reason characters in horror movies always make such bone headed decisions.

In the Scream movies, it was always my belief that Randy is the real mastermind behind all of the killings. He’s really a psycho who wants to experience a horror movie in real life, so he convinces the actual killers to go on their rampages. It started getting difficult for him to keep a straight face partway through 2, so he faked his own death. After all, we didn’t actually see him get killed, or see a body, just him getting dragged into a van, the van rocks, then there is blood splatters. This also explains why he appears older in the video his sister shows Sydney in Scream 3.

Both of those quotes are referring to the prison.

Here was one of my theories … from a different thread (re: The Warriors):

I’ve heard it theorized (maybe on Cracked) that Ferris is Cameron’s Tyler Durden. So some of Ferris’s actions are just imagined by Cameron, and some Ferris’s actions are things that actually Cameron does. I’m guessing this doesn’t hold up on a rewatch, but I thought that was interesting.

It’s obviously the case King uses “green mile” as a metaphor for the length of one’s life, but that is not exactly a crazy theory, it’s rather plainly stated in the text of the book.

The crazy theory is that “The Long Walk” refers to life. I just used “The Green Mile” as an example of him also using it.

I am firmly convinced Jerry, Elaine, Kramer, and George died in a plane crash at the end of Seinfeld, and the trial and their sitting in a prison cell talking about nothing is their afterlife. And I think it is BRILLIANT, and richly deserved, if not worse - but as they were not actively malevolant, just self-centered - OK, spend eternity (purgatory?) together in that cell :p.