Glass, Glass, Glass

The glass in my oven door broke and needs to be replaced. Problem is, no one seems to know what kind of glass it is I need. One shop said “tempered”, another shop said, “Pyrex”, someone else said “get a new oven”. Any thoughts…

Just go to a used appliance store or any place that repais ovens and replace the door. You might need to look a bit to match the color.

It’s probably borsilicate glass, of which a common brand is Pyrex. Borosilicate has a low coefficient of expansion (COE) which just means that when you heat it unevenly, it doesn’t expand and shatter.

Other than that tidbit, I think Reeder has the right idea.

Depending on the age of the oven, check your local junkyard.