Glee: 1.13, "Sectionals" (open spoilers)

This is the only show I’ve ever said to myself, “I hope he hits her” on multiple occasions.

That was a mighty large trophy for sectionals.
Not that expect realism, but is it typically sectionals/regionals/state/nationals?

I’m trying to figure out how Sue will get back in - some loophole? Will she go to a different school (the one that has Vocal Adrenaline(?) ?) I guess her hubris can explain her sloppyness - using Cheerios letterhead. I am also not sure how Mercedes song was leaked (since it was decided after the previous leak)

Brian

I don’t think it was leaked. It was just a coincidence. Like Rachel said, it’s a popular song.

That was…interesting. We love Jane Lynch very much - she should get some kind of Emmy for making over-the-top so damned entertaining. :smiley:

Rachel sure can sing, but that squeaky, whiny thing she does with her voice at the end of every phrase is getting on my last nerve. The song, “And I’m telling you that you’re going to love me no matter what you think now, bitch, you just listen up here for a minute while I explain it to you at great length” is getting on my other last nerve.

Yeah, they’re going to have to pull some rabbits out of some hats to create more plotlines since they’ve pretty much used all these ones up.

Why would Terri let Quinn move in with her? She was only using Quinn so she could get her baby and pass it off as her & Will’s. Since Will found out she was faking she has no further use for Quinn. Come to think of it; what’s going to happen to Terri? Is Will just going to let her keep the house? Or will he fight her for it? He was the breadwinner; she worked part-time at a fabric store. They could get alot of dramedy out of the divorce with her going after Will for alimony (couldn’t Will use her conduct against her).

It did feel like a season finale, didn’t it? I loved Can’t Always Get What You Want- that’s one of the best Stones covers I’ve ever heard. Still a little too much autotune, but I don’t think I heard any in Mercedes’ song at the beginning of the episode, and that’s one of the best solo performances I’ve heard on this show.

Jane Lynch is spectacular. She’s the best non-musical performer on the show, which is particularly impressive given how over-the-top Sue Sylvester is. I can see that character being a complete bomb if portrayed by a lesser actor, I hope she wins some awards when that season comes around.

I’m enjoying watching Santana and Brittany (the two remaining Glee Club Cheerios) as they take up bigger and bigger roles. They’re quite funny. I hope the two remaining football jocks step up and can be as funny as these two.

In the emergency Green Room huddle one of the Cheerios confessed that they gave Sue updates on the set list (not expecting/wanting Sue to sabotage the Glee Club). This would let Sue update the other two schools as the song list evolve from the one Will gave her 2-3 episodes ago.

-DF

“Just because you have sex doesn’t mean you’re dating. If that were true then Santana and I would be dating.”

I love Brittany.

That makes much more sense. I heard her say, “then Santa and I would be dating.”

But you’ve got to admit, she is stupid enough to think she fucked Santa.

ROTFLOL

That’s awesome. I laughed when I heard her say the “Santana and I would be dating” line… but Santa? Seriously? That made me laugh out loud. :smiley:

Definitely not just you, that girl is awesome. Every time they cut away to the group, my eyes go to her, because she’s always doing something goofy that Britney would do.

The third song was going to be “Somebody to Love”, and I can’t believe that it didn’t occur to me until tonight that having the other clubs steal their set list was a way to show them doing new songs. :smack:

I could see Terri deciding to adopt Quinn’s baby anyway as a way to fill the void in her life left by Will. In any case, it’s everything happened in one day, there hasn’t been time for Quinn to worry about her living arrangements yet.

Guess we’ll just have to tune in for the second half-season to see where she goes … :smiley:

Zomg, me too. And when she pushed him at the end - I was sooooo ready.

I loved that. I gasped when she said it - because I didn’t think Glee would go there - but I loved it!

At least their uniforms would match!

I loved that Emma was the one chosen because she was the right one to give Eve the guilt trip. And I loved that Will got to hear the performances on the cell phone.

Sectionals is always the first hurdle - regionals is going to be much, much harder. I too was surprised by how much got wrapped up, and a part of me wondered if Terri will be dropped from the cast by the end of this season.

A part of me was not convinced that the end scene with Will and Emma was real - because it seemed like a fantasy sequence that Will was having - as it kept cutting back to him sitting in the classroom watching the performance. I think they kept that option open.

Also, did anyone else think it was odd that Emma didn’t have one neurotic moment in the whole episode?

I think there is a lot of controversy still to deal with:

[ul]
[li]Emma still has resigned - what if they don’t take her back?[/li][li]Sue is only suspended - not gone. [/li][li]Quinn still has to have the baby and decide what to do with it.[/li][li]Finn and Rachel are not together - and if she rushes too fast she’ll be rebound chick.[/li][li]Ken still works there - if Emma & Will are both there - and get together - Ken might team up with Sue.[/li][li]Kurt still has a crush on Finn.[/li][li]Puck still wants in on his baby’s life.[/li][li]Will still has no place to live what if he ends up with some of the guys from the group? Like the original music teacher?[/li][li]Depending on the laws of the state, if Will & Emma become a couple before the divorce is final, Terri could make their lives further hell.[/li][li]If Quinn is on her own - she needs a job.[/li][/ul]

Controversy, I can deal with. It’s my middle name.

I doubt Figgins has started interviewing new guidance counselors, so Emma is saving him the trouble by asking for her job back.

Nate “Perpetual Horndog” Puckerman likes older chicks. So he hooks up with Terri and they adopt the baby from Quinn.

Quinn has friends on the Cheerios who might help her. Maybe Brittany’s family would take her. I’d very much like to see Quinn and Brittany “dating”.

I know that this question is in the far future realm, but what happens at the end of the year when they graduate? In HS Musical they started out with them as sophmores so they had a few years to play with, but in Glee will they have to cast a whole new club next year?

I think Terry might take in Quinn to show Will how kind and loving she can be and then take advantage of the situation to lure Will over to “help” out his needy student.

I love Glee, I really do. But they run the Finn/Quinn and Will/Terry storylines so parallel all the time - I knew that Finn/Quinn pregnancy ruse would be exposed in this episode since the Will/Terry one was exposed last episode.

Actually, it’s Noah. The yearbook screwed up.
Remember that Terri came home from work early the other day because she didn’t feel good? Maybe she is pregnant after all.
And her pool is really, really clean.

I really enjoyed this episode. Mercedes’ performance was probably the best the show has had, and that’s saying something.

This show, like The Office, benefits from having a large cast of interesting characters. Even people who only show up occasionally like Jacob (the curly haired guy who wants to get into Rachel’s pants) are funny and distinct.

I actually googled Harry Shum, Jr. (“Mike Chang”) - he’s an amazingly awesome dancer - youtube some of his stuff. (Course we kind of knew he was awesome when he danced on “It’s My Life” didn’t we?)