Glee: 1.13, "Sectionals" (open spoilers)

Is the piano-player accompanist ever going to speak? He just kind of sits there and smiles whenever the camera looks in his direction.

“Tinkles” (real name Brad Ellis) is the musical director for the show and appears on screen, but is not really a member of the cast.

Who’s a senior? We know for a fact that Finn is a senior, and I’ve been assuming that Quinn and Puck are seniors, but either one could be a junior. We know that Rachel is a sophomore, and I don’t think Mercedes, Santana, Kurt, Artie, or Tina are seniors.

She hasn’t let Will touch her in months so I can’t see how her being pregnant now would help her marriage.

My favorite line of the finale is my new sig on the other message boards:

They weren’t singing. They were honking.

But her pool is really clean.

Puck has a pool-cleaning business. And he likes older women.

I don’t remember the “pool is clean” line - good thing i have the episode on hulu.

i don’t think that line was for real. will and terri live in an apartment. someone said it as a wink wink allusion to puck.

That’s the way I took it until Sigmagirl did the above tmi spoiler box. Then I thought - wha? did I miss something.
Yeah, all right, I am a blonde. Why do you ask?

It’s just speculation. Terri doesn’t feel good – she said she felt “tired” and came home early from work. In screenland, that’s shorthand for pregnant. She and Will haven’t been together, but she was working at the school for extra money for a while until he told her to stop.

We have to wait till April to find out. And that’s what you missed on <<glee!>>

When Terri came home “tired” the first thing I thought of was that she was pregnant. They hadn’t been together in weeks, but Terri was hellbent on getting pregnant after she realized the first one wasn’t real. So she could conceivably be just a few weeks pregnant now. Pardon the pun.

We really don’t get a sense of how quickly time passes on the show. I guess we know from Finn’s comments that football season is now over, so that puts us in November…?

Given how popular the show is, and how old the actors already appear, they might try to push 4 years of Glee into one year of high school.

BTW, can a counselor just resign mid-year? Don’t they sign contracts?

And wasn’t it convenient how the principal made a few phone calls and straightened out Will’s ineligibility AFTER sectionals.

I seem to recall she said she e-mailed her resignation on that day, Saturday. There could be thread where they get into the principal’s office and delete it, or some such.

I love this show! So much fun in this episode. All the songs were great (though if I never hear “And I Am Telling You” again, I will consider it a blessing). Lea Michele is totally amazing–I wanted to stand up and cheer like the audience during her solo at sectionals. She is just incredible!

Brittany, once again, made me laugh the loudest with her “If sex were dating, then Santana and I would be dating” line. I love that this show is not afraid to throw stuff like that out there.

Loved seeing the *True Blood *actress as one of the judges “That wasn’t singing, that was honking.”
Loved Emma scolding the other advisors at sectionals for cheating.
Loved Finn saying that he used Sue’s beloved Cheerios’ photocopier to copy the sheet music “and then I trashed it.”
Loved that the new songs they sang at sectionals (“Don’t Rain On My Parade” and “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”) expressed the situation they were in due to the other teams stealing their set list.
Finally, I loved the energy and fun, goofy dancing during the song at the end of the episode.

I’m gonna put the Glee cast CDs on my Christmas list.

Glad I’m not the only one. I went through three phases with this joke, all funny.

1. “Santa? OMG, I can’t believe she said that. Go back!”
  2. “Oh… not Santa… Santana… Carlos Santana? that’s so bizarrely hilarious…”
  3. Later… “Ohhhh, Puck’s sexting buddy’s name is Santana… that’s even more hilarious.”

Totally agreed that all the acting on this show is great. Kudos to the casting director. As I told my wife, it’s gotta be hard to sell that much joy while just listening to a phone. But the actor who plays Will nailed it.

Am I being Whooshed? Santana is the name of the other cheerio in the glee club. Ergo, the two of them are having lesbian sex. Or at least, that’s what the line implies.

Doesn’t it?
I’m so confused!

No whoosh - you got it right. Santana is the other cheerio AND she’s the girl Puck was “sexting” while he helped Quinn babysit Terry’s nephews.

It just took gonzo a while to understand what Brittany said because it was said so fast and quiet.

Precisely, and because Santana’s character name didn’t stick in my head, so I didn’t realize it until they mentioned her by name later.

I know it’s already been confirmed that it was her, but just in case anyone who didn’t watch True Blood is wondering why she might look familiar, she also played Pam’s sister in the wedding episode of the Office this season.

Just watched this yesterday. Best line of the episode, and maybe the series:

“You’ll be adding revenge to the long list of things you’re no good at, right next to being married, running a high school glee club and finding a hairstyle that doesn’t make you look like a lesbian.”

Series creator Ryan Murphy says that, when the show returns in April 2010, there will be a lot more musical numbers per episode. That’s good news to me.